Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Must've palmed the phone screen bending down to untangle the leashes from the dog legs.

So probably 5 years ago, I bought a Fender "Mustang I" practice amp for 50 bux off a co-worker. It's got built in effects and shit, and seeing how controlling/rearranging/whatever effects on the PC interface was a whole lot better than trying to adjust shit on my old Digitech RP100, figure I'd go for it... and never really used it because I rarely ever play my electric guitar plugged in.

Figured I'd hook it up now that my guitar setup is next to my computer desk. Except the stupid amp software "FUSE" isn't supported anymore in windows, won't run in windows 10, needs a certain version range of Silverlight... after half an hour of fucking around with that and compatibility mode, I got the stupid thing working!

First step with any modelling/effect software is to make the "yo momma's house" preset. Auto wah -> chorus -> reverb -> some random amp.

I swear this preset is made to practice playing at a consistent volume + doing volume swells :)

So probably 5 years ago, I bought a Fender "Mustang I" practice amp for 50 bux off a co-worker. It's got built in effects and shit, and seeing how controlling/rearranging/whatever effects on the PC interface was a whole lot better than trying to adjust shit on my old Digitech RP100, figure I'd go for it... and never really used it because I rarely ever play my electric guitar plugged in.

Figured I'd hook it up now that my guitar setup is next to my computer desk. Except the stupid amp software "FUSE" isn't supported anymore in windows, won't run in windows 10, needs a certain version range of Silverlight... after half an hour of fucking around with that and compatibility mode, I got the stupid thing working!

First step with any modelling/effect software is to make the "yo momma's house" preset. Auto wah -> chorus -> reverb -> some random amp.

I swear this preset is made to practice playing at a consistent volume + doing volume swells :)

This one right? Seems like a nice featured little practice amp.
mustangI_th._SL365_.jpg

This one right? Seems like a nice featured little practice amp.
View attachment 10614
That's the one. The software situation sucks ass, but it's a fun little amp to fuck around with.

You can throw down reverb pedal, a chorus/flange/whatever pedal, a compressor/distortion pedal, a delay pedal, etc... and mess around with the settings on them, change the order of them, blah blah blah... making bunch of shitty sounds until I end up with something that doesn't actually sound half bad, or sounds hilariously cheesy or something.

My other amp is a Peavey Blazer, aka a Rage with reverb thta I bought when I was a teenager. Everyone knows and loves the 'ol Peavey Rage, owning one is a rite of passage.