Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

^ should be able to do a blend pot instead of pickup selector switch.

Then your 3 switches would give you all the various pickup configurations and your 3 pots would be volume, blend, and tone.

OOD your LPF would be your tone pot. That's all an old school tone knob is.

Should only have to buy a blend pot. Can't think of the technical name for it right now. Accepts 2 different input signals and bleeds more of one of them off to ground the farther you turn it one direction. Bleeds off more of the other when you turn it the other direction. Center lets both signals pass through.

Probably find it on numerous parts sites just searching "blend pot" anyways.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and nukes
OOD your LPF would be your tone pot. That's all an old school tone knob is.

Should only have to buy a blend pot. Can't think of the technical name for it right now. Accepts 2 different input signals and bleeds more of one of them off to ground the farther you turn it one direction. Bleeds off more of the other when you turn it the other direction. Center lets both signals pass through.

Probably find it on numerous parts sites just searching "blend pot" anyways.
I'm thinking about installing a 3 way switch with different cap values. Lower values should allow more mids to stay in my signal.

It baffles me how you can talk to a machine like that in the first place.

Talking to a person. Fine.
Talking to a tape recorder. Fine.
Talking to an actual machine with gears and shit. Fine.
Talking to a phone without a live person on the other end. Bugs the fuck out of me.
Talking to a computerized voice recognition customer service menu. Instant rage.

I have the ability to talk in a super high (I mean WAY up there) voice and whenever I encounter a voice menu like that, I use the high voice. Very rarely does it stay on the line with me and says “wait for a human”.

There's no way to be minimalistic with that bass. 3 knobs and 3 switch. My head is spinning.

I'd just put a .022 or whatever guitar cap on the tone pot instead of the usual .047 bass cap.

Will have a wider range of travel/finer tweaking ability in the top end that just takes off a little brightness before it starts digging into the mids. Should still let it get somewhat dark turning it all the way down.

I think .036 or so is a standard value in-between. Those things are so cheap I'd just try a couple different values and find one that does what you want.

Gonna do that to mine next time I have occasion to open them up. Most any adjusting I do is in the top half of the knob with the standard bass cap on it. Almost never turn it all the way down, even with nickel round wounds.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi, nukes and OOD
Well it's not known as The Swiss army knife of bases for nothing after all.
It's a fine instrument. One of the best sounds I ever got out of it was running the pickups straight to the jack with SS pressure round strings. It would cut shit in half. Very beasty. I added the volume to keep from killing people.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
I have the ability to talk in a super high (I mean WAY up there) voice and whenever I encounter a voice menu like that, I use the high voice. Very rarely does it stay on the line with me and says “wait for a human”.

Maybe I try this.

Best I've come up with is keeping hitting 0 for operator or stay silent until the machine surrenders.

It's a fine instrument. One of the best sounds I ever got out of it was running the pickups straight to the jack with SS pressure round strings. It would cut shit in half. Very beasty. I added the volume to keep from killing people.

The one bass I passed on that I always wished I would've bought was an ASAT I think? G&L's telecaster body with your pickups and controls. Lawd what a beautiful instrument, both in sound and looks.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and OOD