Speakers like razorblades. will there ever be enough?

BigDov said:
Opinion question only here- would you think that a home setup of 6.1 would be better than 7.1 or vice versa? I've always wanted to upgrade from 5.1 but can't ever decide on which way to go from there......
And I've covered this several times. Do not fall for 6.1. If you're upgrading from 5.1 go directly to 7.1.

After that, you'd need a purpose built room to tell any difference.

theacoustician said:
And I've covered this several times. Do not fall for 6.1. If you're upgrading from 5.1 go directly to 7.1.

After that, you'd need a purpose built room to tell any difference.

If you've covered it, I missed each and every fact and fun-filled lecture on the subject. Your advice will be taken to heart next time I upgrade, thank you. :)

BigDov said:
If you've covered it, I missed each and every fact and fun-filled lecture on the subject. Your advice will be taken to heart next time I upgrade, thank you. :)

I cringed when I read your question, because I knew the answer and how it would be phrased.

smileynev said:
I cringed when I read your question, because I knew the answer and how it would be phrased.

Sorry man..... I honestly hadn't received the dissertation on the subject.

On that subject, are you going to pre-wire your house for 7.1??

BigDov said:
Sorry man..... I honestly hadn't received the dissertation on the subject.

On that subject, are you going to pre-wire your house for 7.1??

The family room, yes. I will probably end up with 5.1 to begin with, with the option to add two more speakers later.

smileynev said:
The family room, yes. I will probably end up with 5.1 to begin with, with the option to add two more speakers later.

Excellent. I know that the new place is pre-wired for 5.1, but I'm going to have to crawl under the family and see how hard it'll be to run a couple more for 7.1.