Sometimes, I miss high school...

elpmis said:
I miss partying with all of my high school friends - I'm still friends with all of them, but most of them are married now, or like me, in a serious relationship

back in higschool none of us really cared about intense relationships, we just partied together on the weekends, had fun without the worries or hassles of having to answer to someone - I guess I miss that the most

No bills. No mortgage/rent. No 9-5. Yeah, it was quite nice.

smileynev said:
No bills. No mortgage/rent. No 9-5. Yeah, it was quite nice.
highlights included getting trashed and watching the most popular girl in school bend over in a skirt while playing field hockey

perrybible3us.jpg

elpmis said:
highlights included getting trashed and watching the most popular girl in school bend over in a skirt while playing field hockey

Oh my. High school girls + being a high school boy = :drool:

about the only thing I regret not doing is being more persistant with a girl that I had a crush on. To this day the only person I think knew I had feelings for this girl was her mother. Fucking sad.

oh and saving money. I would have been better off my early years if I had properly saved and purchased a decent car I wouldn't have had to walk miles to go to school for about two years.

i miss being a freshman in college. it was so much easier to be wild and crazy.

elpmis said:
that was you catcalling me from the sidelines? awesome :fly:

j/k i was such a tool in high school, even though i made the all-state field hockey team...

b_sinning said:
I miss the freedom, care free days, tons of friendships, and lots of drugs.
I miss this from HS and my first couple of years in college. I think I ended up missing out a little by not going away to school, but after 4 years when all my friends came back they couldn't find jobs. I stayed and worked (still am) my way through and I have a killer job that lets me do whatever I want and pays pretty decent. I do miss being able to work at some menial job making $200 a week and having no bills though. I partied pretty hard and always had money. Man, those were the days.

smileynev said:
you wouldn't understand, you're young and stupid.
don't forget british!

i miss college more. i went visiting my old high school the other day (i live across the street from it :lol: ) and wandered around.... everything seemed great, including all the short skirts worn even on the coldest days, but there were so many restrictions and dumbass rules. college was where it was at.... especially hiting the bar before class.... :cool:

SpangeMonkee said:
amen to that. though, I sometimes wonder how much $ I would have if a would've saved at least some of it.
:lol: I was thinking that very same thing not too long ago. Interest rates paid 3% on a savings account and I never ever had any money in mine. Just looking through the box of bank statements I found made me want to cry. I think I actually spent more money then on stupid things than I do now, which is really sad because I make about 400% more now than I did then. :(

BigDov said:
I don't miss that shit one bit...... I skirted the border between the popular kids and the stoners all the way through school, so I had lots of fun, but it was just soooo boring there.
I'm actually kind of surprised you can remember back that far.. Quite an accomplishment considering your age.. you know.. 'cause you're old.

I'm good :cool:

:heart: