So there are a lot of kids on this board...

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So there are at least 10 children on these boards, right? I mean Knyte's sperm from Zeus himself lay claim to about 50.

If the homosexual population is 5-10% of the total population (which I think is a bit high), that means one of the kids here is gay :eek:

What are your thoughts? How would you treat/teach your kid(s) if they turned up to be carpet munchers or purse-toting fairies? How would the whole birds and bees thing work out?

I just read an article this morning about LGBT groups starting up in middle schools with people coming out of the closet years earlier than they ever have. Interesting stuff for sure. That means you have to give that talk when they are like in the 4th grade :eek:

So there are at least 10 children on these boards, right? I mean Knyte's sperm from Zeus himself lay claim to about 50.

If the homosexual population is 5-10% of the total population (which I think is a bit high), that means one of the kids here is gay :eek:

What are your thoughts? How would you treat/teach your kid(s) if they turned up to be carpet munchers or purse-toting fairies? How would the whole birds and bees thing work out?

I just read an article this morning about LGBT groups starting up in middle schools with people coming out of the closet years earlier than they ever have. Interesting stuff for sure. That means you have to give that talk when they are like in the 4th grade :eek:

I've said from day one that I will love my kids regardless.

With kids developing at a much younger age, we should all be having these talks with our kids before the 4th grade. Many girls that age are already getting their period, so they kinda need that talk. Nothing wrong with discussing all aspects of sexuality while you are at it.

Do you think there will ever come a day when uber geeks start naming their children and spelling the names in 1337 speak?

The study that I trust the most says:

18% of people have had at least one homosexual fantasy
12% have had recurring homosexual fantasies
5% have had at least one homosexual experience
3% have had more than one homosexual experience
2% consider themselves "gay", "lesbian" or "bisexual"
1% consider themselves openly "gay", "lesbian" or "bisexual"

like knyte I would love them regardless. (interesting observation though Db.. the percentage thing and all)

Iono. how to put it? I guess leave it to say it would pain me knowing what they were probably going to have to endure. though hopefully things are getting better for gays..

are they?

Me on Fatherhood: It is the hardest and best job I've ever had. You have to teach by example and that is so much more difficult than it sounds. If I want my son to grow up and not have any of the prejudices or bad habits that I have then I have to leave them behind. The only way to change the world to be a better place is for us to mold our children into the people we wish we were more like. It's every parents job to help their kids grow up to be better than them.