Ontopic So I'm mining bich coin now.

I mean, it is all going to pools. But all that does is smooth out earnings. They'll still be the same-ish though.

edit: Did you plot on SSD or HDD?
ssd, HD was about triple the time. I ran two plots at once on an NVME ssd continually.

My limiting factor was actually RAM. Was running outta ram with 16gb trying to do more than 2 at once.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
be careful with your SSDs, make sure they have a good TBW rating or you could burn it out. Mine was rated at 1800TB, so i could write about 800 plots on it before being concerned.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
be careful with your SSDs, make sure they have a good TBW rating or you could burn it out. Mine was rated at 1800TB, so i could write about 800 plots on it before being concerned.
Yeah, I know about that, but just playing it by ear. Using my old desktop, so I don't *really* care if it dies.

LOL, space is tight on that drive and it seems it ran out of space. Oops. I was wondering why it was taking so long.
need 300ish GB per k32 during generation. And always write off the finished plot to a different drive, where you'll need 102GB per plot

need 300ish GB per k32 during generation. And always write off the finished plot to a different drive, where you'll need 102GB per plot
I had that, but I'm syncing the wallet too and am guessing I didn't account for that. Plots will be farmed on my Unraid server.

I had that, but I'm syncing the wallet too and am guessing I didn't account for that. Plots will be farmed on my Unraid server.
you can actually saturate gigabit if you end up transferring more than 1 plot at a time from the plotting server, a 15 minute offset will solve that

@Domon So I couldn't get my plots created. At this point, the network is so huge that it would be many months before I farmed a reward. Pooling will be released by the end of the month, so I think I'll just wait for that.

Any luck yet?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
@Domon So I couldn't get my plots created. At this point, the network is so huge that it would be many months before I farmed a reward. Pooling will be released by the end of the month, so I think I'll just wait for that.

Any luck yet?
nope, dont expect any either.

my time to win is like 4 months and thats about the best i can do for now. Im outta space

Yeah, this is another one of those cases where I wish I would have acted sooner.
i think its still worth it to act now, you should be able to mine 6 plots a day, be up and running at the level im at in a little over 2 weeks. XCH is gonna get harder and harder to get as the network size grows, and thusly go up in price. Getting some actual XCH now could be of great benefit in the future

i think its still worth it to act now, you should be able to mine 6 plots a day, be up and running at the level im at in a little over 2 weeks. XCH is gonna get harder and harder to get as the network size grows, and thusly go up in price. Getting some actual XCH now could be of great benefit in the future
But if I do it now, I'm stuck solo mining until I win something. If I wait two weeks, I can start getting consistent rewards from go.

But if I do it now, I'm stuck solo mining until I win something. If I wait two weeks, I can start getting consistent rewards from go.
valid. Didnt you claim the chance of winning is the same a bit back though?
Although, fractional wins earlier allows for earlier growth potential.

Im not refucking plotting 100 plots at the point im at though.

I might plot another 100 that are poolable though once that comes out.

Im gonna raid my closet for a buncha drives that are still ... ok-ish, but not good enough to be in my raid and fill em up. I probably have 20-30ish TBs of drives ive pulled.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
valid. Didnt you claim the chance of winning is the same a bit back though?
Although, fractional wins earlier allows for earlier growth potential.

Im not refucking plotting 100 plots at the point im at though.

I might plot another 100 that are poolable though once that comes out.

Im gonna raid my closet for a buncha drives that are still ... ok-ish, but not good enough to be in my raid and fill em up. I probably have 20-30ish TBs of drives ive pulled.
Statically yeah, pool or no pool earnings will be the same - over a long enough period of time. However, as the network grows if my time-to-win as a solo farmer grows to XX years, its probably not worth doing.

And oh yeah, I also have quite a few <8TB drives. Hmmm

Statically yeah, pool or no pool earnings will be the same - over a long enough period of time. However, as the network grows if my time-to-win as a solo farmer grows to XX years, its probably not worth doing.

And oh yeah, I also have quite a few <8TB drives. Hmmm
but you dont have a spare 20 bay hotswap just sitting around :D