Ontopic So I'm mining bich coin now.

ethereum > bitcoin long-term if we're being real

working on developing a decentralized application off the ether blockchain this winter. that's how you make money.

ethereum > bitcoin long-term if we're being real

working on developing a decentralized application off the ether blockchain this winter. that's how you make money.
long term it's all based on nothing and a threat to centralized banking and fiat currency, so the entrenched powers that be have every reason to invest in efforts to destabilize or outright destroy it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
long term it's all based on nothing and a threat to centralized banking and fiat currency, so the entrenched powers that be have every reason to invest in efforts to destabilize or outright destroy it.

correct, which is why bitcoin et al. don't have much longevity to them, btc only acts as a store of value and can't be anything more than a currency.

ethereum, on the other hand....ether's blockchain is fully capable of being used for any type of dapp, which gives it longevity outside of the currency aspect. that's why the money tends to be in the dapp development rather than currency trading.

that's the difference 7 years makes in tech development. especially if etherchain is able to switch from PoW to PoS verification and successfully implement it. huge huge possibilities as a decentralized application framework.

that's the difference 7 years makes in tech development. especially if etherchain is able to switch from PoW to PoS verification and successfully implement it. huge huge possibilities as a decentralized application framework.
There's no technical reason why a decentralized application framework can't exist without a shitty global-state-ledger like a blockchain.

They've existed for decades on HPC machines.

It's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

There's no technical reason why a decentralized application framework can't exist without a shitty global-state-ledger like a blockchain.

They've existed for decades on HPC machines.

It's a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

right, but the blockchain opens up access for development, and at this point the huge cc hype has brought a lot of attention to the possibilities (while also bringing too much attention to btc and probably being its demise)

idk, i'm along for the ride either way. we have a fun couple years ahead of us while the government battles it.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas
right, but the blockchain opens up access for development, and at this point the huge cc hype has brought a lot of attention to the possibilities (while also bringing too much attention to btc and probably being its demise)

idk, i'm along for the ride either way. we have a fun couple years ahead of us while the government battles it.
I take it you're too young to remember Seti@Home and distributed.net?