So I just got a job offer to move to India

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,029
So it was announced a month ago my department was going to be eliminated in November. My manager told me there is an opening now for a position in India for at least a 2 year stint. The job is to help with outsourcing the jobs that my department was doing originally before the jobs were eliminated.

What do you guys think?

PS - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/19/health/19well.html?_r=1&hp but it's not gay.

Yeah, India is a crowded sesspool. You won't speak the language, everyone smells of BO and curry, the air polution will give you lung cancer, and most likely there will be some crazy islamic suicide attack in that country within the next 2 years.

Think of texas, filled with a billion people.

Plus you'll be training the people who are taking over for your friends, neighbors, etc. In a country that views homosexuals with about the same level of tolerance as a hard to pass turd.

edit: so yeah Duke was right, like Texas, but with a billion people.

I was there for 2 weeks before. My nose was bleeding because of the pollution by the end of it actually. The food and people there aren't too bad, but I really lied about myself while I was there and it was just too loud. Technically Bangalore is the loudest city in the world and it was deafening just walking on the streets.

The worst part is that because I will probably decline this, I will be locked out of my severance. Because they offered an opening to me and I voluntarily declined it, I am resigning and they do not have to pay me a severance. Ugh.

I was there for 2 weeks before. My nose was bleeding because of the pollution by the end of it actually. The food and people there aren't too bad, but I really lied about myself while I was there and it was just too loud. Technically Bangalore is the loudest city in the world and it was deafening just walking on the streets.

The worst part is that because I will probably decline this, I will be locked out of my severance. Because they offered an opening to me and I voluntarily declined it, I am resigning and they do not have to pay me a severance. Ugh.

Hmm, I wonder if they made that offer on purpose. Assholes.

I would love to visist India but live there is a whole different matter. You should go there and open a 7-11.

Ironically, it would be a huge success because they don't have a concept of a "convenient" store.

They also don't have a concept of a pub, either. One of the few things from English rule that did not stick.

I think why not, it's 2 years, it might be fun and you could learn a lot from another culture. Plus there's a lot of westernisation there anyway, you'd live like a king.

Well, besides the whole questionable morality of the job itself, I physically can't live in that city.