Should I pull the trigger on this (non-melodrama thread)

DirkPhoenix said:
Forgive me, good Flynavy. I shall eat at a Rudy's Bar-B-Q and whup the shit out of a minority as penance.

As for a manual, we'll see if Randall Noe has any in stock. :fly:
tell yew whut

ChikkenNoodul said:
Are there any 1500's with the hemi and a manual? (Besides the SRT-10) I didn't think there were....
SRT-10 doesn't have a HEMI. It's called the SRT-10 because it's got 10 cylinders. If you can't keep up....

And Dirk, go for it! I've been tossing around trading in my Dakota for a new Ram, but I'd have to have the HEMI with a stick, and they won't build you a HEMI with a stick. :(

My mom has a HEMI Grand Cherokee and she tells me she gets about 15 city and 18 - 19 highway. I'm sure you'll get a little less than that depending on gearing and stuff, so be prepared for the $40+ fillups.

edit: i don't know why I capitalized hemi every time I typed it. Now I feel like a tard.

SpangeMonkee said:
buy a Honda or Toyota. That way, when you hit 120K ont he odometer you can say, "I have another 100Ks left in this car and when I trade it in (if I ever do), I can get way more money than some crappy domestic piece of crap."

Are you and Knyte brothers from a different life? That is exactly what he says.

Ok, lets do some math.

This car has a 26 gallon tank and gets 14mpg. So, without cutting it too close, you can go about 350 miles per tank. Your average commute is 20 mi one way, so that's 200 mi during the week. You could easily burn up the next 150 miles at nights and over the weekend driving around. So we'll say that you have to fill the tank once a week. So with regular unleaded around $2/gal in TX, you're blowing $50 a week on gas. That's $2600 a year.

Am I the only person here who thinks completely ape-shit insane?

theacoustician said:
Ok, lets do some math.

This car has a 26 gallon tank and gets 14mpg. So, without cutting it too close, you can go about 350 miles per tank. Your average commute is 20 mi one way, so that's 200 mi during the week. You could easily burn up the next 150 miles at nights and over the weekend driving around. So we'll say that you have to fill the tank once a week. So with regular unleaded around $2/gal in TX, you're blowing $50 a week on gas. That's $2600 a year.

No i totally agree with you

my next car will be a hybrid

theacoustician said:
Ok, lets do some math.

That whole argument is the reason Knyte will probably end up getting a bike. We would spend so much less in gas. Unfortunately living in Utah he can't ride a bike to work year round, if he could I would have bought him one by now so I can have the car all the time.

theacoustician said:
Ok, lets do some math.

I'm right there with you. My little Acura has an 11 gallon tank, gets 30 miles per gallon, and I fill it up once a week driving back and forth to downtown everyday. $22 a week, $88 a month. I would only buy a truck if I used it for work. As in "hauled shit in it".

theacoustician said:
Ok, lets do some math.

werd! I have 176K+ miles on my '94 Civic. I get around 35mpg with the a/c on. fuck all that hemi bullshit.

Sarcasmo said:
I'm right there with you. My little Acura has an 11 gallon tank, gets 30 miles per gallon, and I fill it up once a week driving back and forth to downtown everyday. $22 a week, $88 a month. I would only buy a truck if I used it for work. As in "hauled shit in it".
Ooh. Want to make an Acura club? I've got an RSX. What are you hauling around in?

theacoustician said:
Ooh. Want to make an Acura club? I've got an RSX. What are you hauling around in?

I've got a silver 2000 Integra. I test drove an RSX, and I use one as a loaner every time I take mine in for service appointments. I like those cars. But I'm tired of the little engines. My next car is going to have some oomph to it. I'm looking at the TL. Plus it's bigger for my kid. He won't have to go in through the sunroof anymore.

theacoustician said:
Ok, lets do some math.

I've been driving our truck to work while my car is getting fixed. I'm looking at about $40-$50 a week in gas compared to half that in the car. It sucks

kiwi said:
That whole argument is the reason Knyte will probably end up getting a bike. We would spend so much less in gas. Unfortunately living in Utah he can't ride a bike to work year round, if he could I would have bought him one by now so I can have the car all the time.
My 23 year old bike gets 50mpg city, 35-40 highway :fly:

If he gets a KLR 650, Suzuki V-Strom 650, or similar BMW he could ride it pretty much every day there isn't a foot of snow on the road provided he adds heated grips and a heated vest.

Sarcasmo said:
I've got a silver 2000 Integra. I test drove an RSX, and I use one as a loaner every time I take mine in for service appointments. I like those cars. But I'm tired of the little engines. My next car is going to have some oomph to it. I'm looking at the TL. Plus it's bigger for my kid. He won't have to go in through the sunroof anymore.
I was going a little bigger for my next one. Probably a TSX. My dad has an 05 TL. While nice, its a little more than I think I'd ever need. Sweet car though.

ChikkenNoodul said:

If he gets a KLR 650, Suzuki V-Strom 650, or similar BMW he could ride it pretty much every day there isn't a foot of snow on the road provided he adds heated grips and a heated vest.

And platemail +1

ChikkenNoodul said:

That's good to know, we should have the car paid off next spring and maybe I'll get him a bike instead of a second vehicle for a little bit. We shall see.