Baby Shizzle that makes you just plain mizzle

Speaking of shizzle, I found out just yesterday that Snoop Lion is an investor in Reddit and also a moderator of r/trees :lol:
Speaking of shizzle, I dropped some bomb ass shizzle on the throne earlier, peeps be like dayum bro, that shizzle is stank.

I've never actually heard of a gardsert until now.

I'm the type of person who drills out the threads and taps up to the next size.

Thats not always an option tho
If the threads are just boogered up or wallered out a bit, you may be able to re-chase with a tap
Little worse than that, helicoil is perfect
Really really fucked up, its time for the keensert
Worse than that, get new hardware

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

Sometimes this is not an option. Same as when you can't just weld the hole closed and redrill the correct size.

works fine unless its aluminum. Sometimes you need more strength out of aluminum than you're gonna get from any size threads.

Thats not always an option tho
If the threads are just boogered up or wallered out a bit, you may be able to re-chase with a tap
Little worse than that, helicoil is perfect
Really really fucked up, its time for the keensert
Worse than that, get new hardware
Or when it's my lawnmower or wood chipper, not something that's gonna fall from the sky and kill several hundred people... I'll do my hack job :)

I fucking hate helicoils. Though usually when I see them, it's because I removed a spark plug from an engine and the helicoil came out with the plug...

spark plugs are ridiculously low torque. Theres no reason you ever should have ruined the threads on a spark plug hole.

That said. People are idiots.

spark plugs are typically straight threads, so they do require a bit of torquing, tho not a lot, as there is usually a compression washer on them
Some people over-torque them
Sometimes the just get fukn stuck from age/abuse

spark plugs are ridiculously low torque. Theres no reason you ever should have ruined the threads on a spark plug hole.

Um you should tell that to ford

My brother had his entire truck replaced because the spark plugs broke off in the holes and it's a known issue.

"3-valve 5.4 L and 6.8 L engines built before 10/9/07 and 3-valve 4.6 Ls built before 11/30/07 found in many 2004–2008 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles have an issue with difficult to remove spark plugs which can cause part of the spark plug to become seized in the cylinder head. The source of the problem is a unique plug design that is made with a 2-piece shell, which often separates, leaving the lower portion of the spark plug stuck deep in the engine. Ford acknowledges this issue in TSB 08-7-6 as well as earlier TSBs. Ford's TSB does not state that this issue is caused by owner neglect. The TSB provides a special procedure for spark plug removal on these engines. For situations where the spark plug has broken in the head, Ford distributes multiple special tools for removing the seized portion of the plug. The multiple procedures required for the different cases/situations of plugs seized in these engines are explained in the TSB. This repair is covered for vehicles under warranty; however, the Ford recommended spark plug service interval extends beyond the duration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

I use a torque wrench to do mine, and never had a problem. On other people's cars though...