Ontopic RIP Thread

I disagree 100% with them knowing what's going on. Separation mixed with fear and controlling of media can do alot to a population. When we first took Iraq most there had zero idea what was really going on outside of what they were being told on State run TV. Only have that and no internet and phones makes it easy to control people. Hell look at places like Cuba and Venezuela. Controlling information is a super powerful thing.
True, I just have a thing about the human spirit and its inherent desires. The few reporters ive seen who came back from there had the intuition that people only put on the show in crowds. Even under the harshest regimes people quietly rebel.

True, I just have a thing about the human spirit and its inherent desires. The few reporters ive seen who came back from there had the intuition that people only put on the show in crowds. Even under the harshest regimes people quietly rebel.
That's when the fear comes into play. Think of how powerful the Gestapo was. Even though their numbers were very small. They had power mainly because people had zero idea who was working with or for them. So even though they felt rebelish very few would even say it out loud out of fear someone would hear and would possibly be Gestapo. Even family members.

That's when the fear comes into play. Think of how powerful the Gestapo was. Even though their numbers were very small. They had power mainly because people had zero idea who was working with or for them. So even though they felt rebelish very few would even say it out loud out of fear someone would hear and would possibly be Gestapo. Even family members.
True that.

Joe has been reading up on her recently and feels its bleak because its such a patriarchal society. Apparently he only kept he close because as a woman she had no power. Will the population and military accept a woman in power or will there be a coup? Thats what his concern is.

I feel like if she's allowed to run the country itll topple down and the old regime ill cease to exist. The people arent as brainwashed as people think, they know whats going on and every human being desires freedom.

I cant see a woman leading NK with business as usual. Its never happened before. I dont think female leadership goes that way. Call me sexist or whatever but its what I believe.
Will the population and military accept a woman in power or will there be a coup?
population will do what theyre told by whoever wears the hat. Military is the question at hand.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Will the population and military accept a woman in power or will there be a coup?
population will do what theyre told by whoever wears the hat. Military is the question at hand.
A coup and I think if she's senses it she'll try to deal with the outside world. Better that than nothing at all. Like I said eariler it's too much of a coincidence that they pulled all the bombers from Anderson the end of the week. Especially with the IC reporting there's an issue with him.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and Domon

^ this.

They've been doing what they do for long enough the entirety of the population doesn't know life any different. Somebody would have to be 90 years old to even have a memory of life as a child before communism or the war and chaos that led to it.

He’s faking.

Word will circulate slowly through the country that he’s tits up then he’ll miraculously reappear, Easter-style. That’ll silence the dissent.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
He’s faking.

Word will circulate slowly through the country that he’s tits up then he’ll miraculously reappear, Easter-style. That’ll silence the dissent.
EWcNXGqU0AAuNDO

The fill in host subbing for the most heard radio host in the history of mankind said yesterday that KJU is brain dead. He also said that he had been injured during a failed missile test, when the missile went up 30 feet and fell back to Earth- so I doubt one word of what he said is even related to truth.

Uncle Carl

Mixed feelings here. When I was young I loved him, wanted to be like him, wanted to know how to do all the things he knew how to do (he worked with his hands a lot, he built two houses by hand with help from Dad and others.)
Mom and Dad got divorced, he was the husband of Mom's sister so he stuck with Mom's side. Bad blood about a few things in the family meant that I didn't see him for a long time. When I did I found him and my aunt had said many many nasty things bout Dad. Ended up not seeing him for much longer than that.

Don't think it was COVID related, he had a stroke a few years back and wasn't too healthy after.