Food Recipe sExchange

at least you can do dried minced & the powder. what is it that makes the fresh ones bad, but the dried OK? can you do garlic?

It's the acid. I guess in the drying process a lot of that dissipates so it's not as potent. Garlic seems to be fine although I don't know many people that eat garlic the same way they eat onions. I don't often pick up a whole head of garlic, chop it up, and put it in something, but I might put a whole onion in something.

It's the acid. I guess in the drying process a lot of that dissipates so it's not as potent. Garlic seems to be fine although I don't know many people that eat garlic the same way they eat onions. I don't often pick up a whole head of garlic, chop it up, and put it in something, but I might put a whole onion in something.

what about tomato products, those are very acidic generally

what about tomato products, those are very acidic generally

Tomatoes are iffy. The acid in tomatoes is both citric and malic. The acid in onions is sulfenic. I don't find I have a lot of trouble with tomatoes like in sauce and stuff, although I'm not a huge fan. I try really hard to stay away from citric acid, but that too is terribly difficult. It's in everything.

Tomatoes are iffy. The acid in tomatoes is both citric and malic. The acid in onions is sulfenic. I don't find I have a lot of trouble with tomatoes like in sauce and stuff, although I'm not a huge fan. I try really hard to stay away from citric acid, but that too is terribly difficult. It's in everything.

what's the alcohol restriction based on?

You sir, do not use enough garlic!