Ontopic Random (Not So) New Music Thread

I just bought a few dubstep tracks to make a mix CD this morning. However I have not finished it. I have roughly 30 minutes remaining on the CD so I could possibly fit in another 6 tracks. If any of you know some good dubstep tracks that I would like, based on the tracks listed here, let me know.

The tracks are as follows:

#TitleArtist
1SlamPendulum
2Woo BoostRusko
3OhrwurmCulture Shock
4CentipedeKnife Party
5KickstartsExample (Bar9 Remix)
6GarbageNumbernin6
7Make It Bun DemSkrillex & Damian Marley
8Like ThisSKisM & Virus Syndicate
9BonfireKnife Party
10Crave YouFlight Facilities (Adventure Club Remix)

Do you listen to grime?

Do you listen to grime?

I just bought a few dubstep tracks to make a mix CD this morning. However I have not finished it. I have roughly 30 minutes remaining on the CD so I could possibly fit in another 6 tracks. If any of you know some good dubstep tracks that I would like, based on the tracks listed here, let me know.

#TitleArtist
1SlamPendulum
2Woo BoostRusko
3OhrwurmCulture Shock
4CentipedeKnife Party
6GarbageNumbernin6
9BonfireKnife Party

Ape probably has some good stuff. Neat table. :cool:

#TitleArtist
1SlamPendulum
2Woo BoostRusko
3OhrwurmCulture Shock
4CentipedeKnife Party
6GarbageNumbernin6
9BonfireKnife Party

I don't know anything about dubstep but I applaud the effort you put into making the tables for the track list

is dj p0n-3 dubstep? i think she is

wubs

I don't know anything about dubstep but I applaud the effort you put into making that table

wubs

Last edited:
So I was having a discussion with one of my friend's that's kind of an elitist, hipster douchebag type who will only listen to indy music. The reason for the discussion was that I was making a mix cd for my best friend who was not allowed to listen to any hip hop music for the last 10 years, so I thought I'd give her some fun stuff to listen to so she could catch up. I was choosing many songs that were very popular in the last decade. My friend saw my list of songs and immediately started berating me for liking most of it because it was all mainstream stuff. I resent that. I like music that's fun to listen to. I also like talented musicians. Sometimes these things are mutually exclusive and I'm okay with that. Louis Louis certainly didn't require much talent, but everyone knows that song and it can be fun. Regardless, I'm sure I can come up with hundreds of examples of fun indy hip hop songs but the thing is, they are just the same as the mainstream stuff and I had to work 10 times as hard to stumble upon them. Listening to music is not my job, it's something I enjoy. Becoming elitist or making it work doesn't interest me at all. That's not to say that I don't think it is okay if that's what someone else wants to do, but why the superior attitude and degrading of people who just aren't interested? I don't get it.

It's like when I think Fly is an alien because he's never been to a concert. I cannot imagine why he wouldn't want to go to a concert but he doesn't and that's really his business. I don't think less of him for it. Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Don't get me wrong. I listen to mainstream music. Some of it is fine, and good to just kick back to without thinking to much into it. Yet when it comes to hard rock or metal, the mainstream bands or the bands that have mainly come out in the last 6 to 8 years are absolute garbage and I can't respect anyone's music taste that is predominantly made up of those bands.

One of the guys on my forum (www.fightsforum.com) is in a band that is just about to release their first single (on July 1st). Here is a promo video they shot to one of their songs.

I really like the song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? What's terrible about it?

If I just heard it and didn't know anything about the band I would say it sounds like every BS christian-rock style band. I know they aren't but that's the way it sounds. If I had my radio on scan and it stopped on this I really would think I was on a cheesy Jesus rock channel. I can really see this song as an ad for Church Camp or even standard commercials for kids telling them to strive for the best.

Last edited:
I guess I'm not in the same circles are you guys because I don't normally here any music like that in my everyday life.

I don't know anything about dubstep but I applaud the effort you put into making that table

wubs

Not all that hard to make. There are icons for making tables in the editor.

And I looked up this "dj p0n-3"....... I want my 5 minutes back...

If I just heard it and didn't know anything about the band I would say it sounds like every BS christian-rock style band. I know they aren't but that's the way it sounds. If I had my radio on scan and it stopped on this I really would think I was on a cheesy Jesus rock channel. I can really see this song as an ad for Church Camp or even standard commercials for kids telling them to strive for the best.

have you heard a band called "The Sword"? If not, check them out, I think you will enjoy.