Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple weeks out from the mid terms and polls are starting to break Republican. Meh, I was really hoping Tim Ryan would win the Senate seat in Ohio.

Go out and vote for who you want to win. Polls mean fuck-all these days.

In the gubernatorial primary here in Maryland, Wes Moore was down by almost 20 points in the polls against his opponent up until the last day, and he won be almost 14 points.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers
Go out and vote for who you want to win. Polls mean fuck-all these days.

In the gubernatorial primary here in Maryland, Wes Moore was down by almost 20 points in the polls against his opponent up until the last day, and he won be almost 14 points.
I already did, absentee. The Tim Ryan thing here in Ohio has been somewhat frustrating because the national party hasn't backed him at all and during this whole process at worst he's been within the margin of error in every poll. He's a moderate Democrat, definitely not a member of the AOC ilk, and calls out his own party when he doesn't agree with them. It's made him popular and competitive in red Ohio, but pisses the people in Washington off who call the shots. They have a republican seat within their grasp of flipping blue here yet they are pouring millions of dollars into states where they more than likely won't come close to winning.

I already did, absentee. The Tim Ryan thing here in Ohio has been somewhat frustrating because the national party hasn't backed him at all and during this whole process at worst he's been within the margin of error in every poll. He's a moderate Democrat, definitely not a member of the AOC ilk, and calls out his own party when he doesn't agree with them. It's made him popular and competitive in red Ohio, but pisses the people in Washington off who call the shots. They have a republican seat within their grasp of flipping blue here yet they are pouring millions of dollars into states where they more than likely won't come close to winning.
i mean, we talking Joe Manchin "moderate" or actual moderate.

And if theres anything the democratic party (read: seat of power) likes to do, its shoot itself in the foot and lose to republicans.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
i mean, we talking Joe Manchin "moderate" or actual moderate.

And if theres anything the democratic party (read: seat of power) likes to do, its shoot itself in the foot and lose to republicans.
Not quite Joe Manchin but still. Would you rather have Joe Manchin Jr. and keep control of the Senate or Trump endorsed JD Vance? I would take Joe Jr. any day of the week.

Any royalists that attend are going to want us to take a break from programming for a couple of hours in the middle of the conference to watch the coronation. It'll be disruptive at best, cause controversy at worst. As I'm sure you are aware, he's not exactly popular.
He's not particularly unpopular either :iono: Not often you get to see a coronation to be fair. Enjoy it!

I give him a week. He's a rich cunt who's just as evil as the rest of them.
I love the awkward editorials on the BBC world. They are like "are you happy to have the first east african/indian person as prime Minister" and then these normally liberal commentators are trying to walk it back like yeah but he is in the conservative party and probably has more money than the king. It's hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: eileenbunny
Status
Not open for further replies.