Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen the footage of the lady after the Amash town hall that was bewildered after hearing negative things about the Mueller Report for the first time?

It really IS true. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the “truth”.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Anyone seen the footage of the lady after the Amash town hall that was bewildered after hearing negative things about the Mueller Report for the first time?

It really IS true. If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the “truth”.
She must watch Fox and Friends for her "news". On the flip side, if she watched Morning Joe for her "news" she'd be on antidepressants and 24 hour suicide watch.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
She must watch Fox and Friends for her "news". On the flip side, if she watched Morning Joe for her "news" she'd be on antidepressants and 24 hour suicide watch.

I don’t see them as opposite sides of the same coin though. And I hate Morning Joe. It’s too much.

MJoe emphasizes and inflates facts, what the right has been doing is flat out lying to change the narrative before the truth comes out.

Amash is a Tea Partier who has one of the most conservative voting records in congress, but now he’s labeled a democrat.

The new Republican Party is as far from “conservative” as it gets.

... and a baby is not a hamster. A life is a life, how is one more important than the other except where our feelings are concerned?

I'm talking about terminal cases, but we can move the goal posts if you want to discuss the minute amount of abortion cases.
Well I think human life is more precious to us because we are human. I am usually on the other side of this discussion ,being accused of thinking a chicken is the same as a person.

There are cases when the parents were hoping for a miracle and do not get one, and the terminal baby is allowed to die in the parents' arms.

First and second trimester abortions are of course going to happen, but there should be a really compelling reason to do third trimester ones. In addition I can't see how a fetus would be born alive after a 3rd trimester abortion since the fetus is terminated in utero and then delivered (as far as I know.)

Well I think human life is more precious to us because we are human. I am usually on the other side of this discussion ,being accused of thinking a chicken is the same as a person.

There are cases when the parents were hoping for a miracle and do not get one, and the terminal baby is allowed to die in the parents' arms.

First and second trimester abortions are of course going to happen, but there should be a really compelling reason to do third trimester ones. In addition I can't see how a fetus would be born alive after a 3rd trimester abortion since the fetus is terminated in utero and then delivered (as far as I know.)
I agree with you. I truly think it takes a special kind of crazy for someone to want a third trimester abortion on a healthy baby in a healthy mother. There is just some gray area because everyone's story is different and I don't want to place my opinions/beliefs on other women.

On another note:

Wiki has some interesting numbers about abortion rates in the States. Looks like abortion rates are dropping very steadily. I wonder if this has something to do with sex education being a tad bit more common/access to info online/etc. It's definitely not due to abortion restrictions...

edit: "Note that there is a large decrease in reported abortions between 1997 and 1998. This is because CDC's reporting areas were reduced from 52 in 1997 to 47 in 1998. The actual decline from 1997 to 1998 in those 47 reporting areas was only 2%. "

Ah, that's why. I read gud.

ayy @King Wickie
got an idea for a song and some lyrics too, kind of reminds me of the basic political scene here

oh i just love the way you turn away you turn away you turn away
almost wish i could do the same
oh i just love the way you always find someone to blame someone to blame someone to blame
almost wish i could do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.