Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there really people on the eft who blame the loss solely on Russian interference, or are you confusing that with right wing talking heads who say the left is solely blaming the loss on the Russians? I hear the latter regularly, the former, almost never. Sure, Clinton May be saying it, but she’s also got a severely bruised ego too.

I don’t recall H Clinton actively campaigning as an anti-gay rights activist, then later as an elected representative voting on gay equal rights legislation, then changing her mind as soon as she sought higher office. Clinton evolved over time, and never was an anti-gay rights activist with her dad. Tulsi was.
In 2008 while running for president Hillary Clinton openly opposed gay marriage and campaigned against it during her primary fight with Barack Obama.

In 2008 while running for president Hillary Clinton openly opposed gay marriage and campaigned against it during her primary fight with Barack Obama.
there's also her husband's DOMA & DADT, and while that wasn't her, coupling that with what you mentioned means the stink of it is on her.

Hillary has said that, yes.

Her and Bill are still kind of the defacto king and queen of the DNC. That's a former governor and 2-term president, and a former first lady, senator, and secretary of state talking.
Her saying that stuff comes off as a tantrum rooted in some conspiracy theory type stuff. And they're speaking for a lot of people whether they want them to or not.

It's not good "optics".

People can’t change their minds.
people can change their minds, but
1) you don't get brownie points for changing your mind if you're changing to the baseline of human decency just because you used to be worse,
b) changing your mind doesn't undo or negate the bad shit your views may have caused, especially if you're someone with power and/or reach, and
IV) you definitely don't get to, like, claim? the marginalized group you harmed, especially if you never come out and publicly, explicitly, and plainly apologize and address your past, and in a way that doesn't feel pandering and forced.

I've changed my mind. I used to think climate change was bull like ten years ago; that the world is always changing...which it is, but at the time I didn't think it was caused by humans.

Oh we're total shit heads, I believe it now.

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
I've changed my mind. I used to think climate change was bull like ten years ago; that the world is always changing...which it is, but at the time I didn't think it was caused by humans.

Oh we're total shit heads, I believe it now.

See, That only happens when women are allowed shoes and to leave the kitchen.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Immigrant and APRIL
zzirn29wclt31.jpg

Her and Bill are still kind of the defacto king and queen of the DNC. That's a former governor and 2-term president, and a former first lady, senator, and secretary of state talking.
Her saying that stuff comes off as a tantrum rooted in some conspiracy theory type stuff. And they're speaking for a lot of people whether they want them to or not.

It's not good "optics".

Meanwhile, the current president has his hit man, former mayor of ‘merica’s first city, chasing a conspiracy theory and all his minions on media outlets spouting about a conspiracy theory that has been repeatedly debunked.

But that’s totally okay in 1/3 of the country’s minds, including many here.

Did she campaign for president or did she campaign against gay rights?
What's the difference? When you're running for president and in your stump speech you say you're against gay marriage and if legislation comes across your desk that legalized gay marriage you will refuse to sign it, I wouldn't call that being a champion of gay rights.

What's the difference? When you're running for president and in your stump speech you say you're against gay marriage and if legislation comes across your desk that legalized gay marriage you will refuse to sign it, I wouldn't call that being a champion of gay rights.

I don’t think Clinton changed her view on gar equal rights overnight.

And please, point out where I said she was a champion of gay rights.

If David Duke tweeted that he was now coo with the blacks and posted a picture of himself with a black guy, would you absolve his past?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Status
Not open for further replies.