Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what, the pro-immigration, pro-diversity behaviour?
No the rich white elite behavior that made him believe it was acceptable to dress up like a person of color on multiple occasions long after that type of behavior became taboo in the public eye. I get it. It's hard to accept sometimes when someone you respect turns out to be a piece of shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
No the rich white elite behavior that made him believe it was acceptable to dress up like a person of color on multiple occasions long after that type of behavior became taboo in the public eye. I get it. It's hard to accept sometimes when someone you respect turns out to be a piece of shit.

Well in our two-and-a-half party system, its a toss up between the guy that currently acts like a piece of shit, and the guy that acted like a piece of shit 20 years ago

i'm not saying i support either piece of shit, but one of them smells worse at the moment

I think Trudeau wearing blackface was him being ignorant/idiotic, rather than malicious. It's the same dumb "I'm paying tribute I guess" thought in his head that had him put on the Indian cosplay adventure a few years ago that he went on.

All that being said, he deserves every bit of mocking he gets. I've heard that people are vandalizing Liberal election signs with sharpies to put candidates in blackface, and while I can't condone defacing election signs, I gotta admit it's kind of hilarious.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Hopefully, everybody will come to their senses and realize all their shock over non-shocking events from decades earlier aren’t worth getting their britches in a bunch over.

And have a good laugh.

I wonder what normal behavior from today will be “OMG” in 20 years.

Better stop now, dammit.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Yes, racism in the mid 80s and very early 90s should definitely excuse racist behaviour in the 2000s. My bad.

When Trump and Trudeau met for the fist time I wonder which one was the first to start a conversation with, " I'm not racist, but...."

The movie from 1986 wasn’t considered racist at all when it came out.

Times change, but people don’t, obviously?

When Trump and Trudeau met for the fist time I wonder which one was the first to start a conversation with, " I'm not racist, but...."

Oh shit.

I just realized you may be equating a guy who dressed up for a party with a guy who actively called for the death penalty based on skin color and was found to be discriminating against renters based on race.

Status
Not open for further replies.