FYI Plz read this...

Oddest thing I've noticed.

This happens when using firefox.. I can't 'reply with quote' anymore. The browser just locks... I can make a new post just fine...

I haven't checked to see if this is specific to my thinkpad, or if it's happening on my other PC's as well.

This happens when using firefox.. I can't 'reply with quote' anymore. The browser just locks... I can make a new post just fine...

I haven't checked to see if this is specific to my thinkpad, or if it's happening on my other PC's as well.

I think I know what might be causing that. I just made some changes, please let me know if you still have the issue.

Opera is doing the same thing occasionally, mostly from linux, on winders I don't see it as often.

I think I know what might be causing that. I just made some changes, please let me know if you still have the issue.

Well. I came back. It was still happening.

I closed FF, re-opened, and cleared cache. Now it's fine. I can't say which fixed it, but I suspect it was more of a problem on my end with some residual cached pages pointing to the old host.

All now worky.

Well. I came back. It was still happening.

I closed FF, re-opened, and cleared cache. Now it's fine. I can't say which fixed it, but I suspect it was more of a problem on my end with some residual cached pages pointing to the old host.

All now worky.

Nah, CloudFlare has this 'minify' thing where they cache and remove all whitespace from javascript, css, and html. The CSS one screwed up Chrome for me. I just turned off the other two. Its likely that when you cleared cache, you got the new 'un-minified' junk.

On another note, this is kinda neat for web nerds
8fH6e.png

So crawler bots apparently try to monitor the newest activity instead of hitting during slow times... Would think they would avoid peak times

This will be a good experiment to see how well CloudFlare free does. I may implement it on my (static) business web site as well as suggest it to my clients.

Fly baby. I dunno if this is a vB option but on can you get a 'go to last post seen' button instead of having to go to the page and scroll? I've seen it in some places and it's ace.

Ya...we have always had that button. its to the left of the thread title.

So crawler bots apparently try to monitor the newest activity instead of hitting during slow times... Would think they would avoid peak times
Nah, they don't give a shit. Especially the Chinese Baidu spider.
This will be a good experiment to see how well CloudFlare free does. I may implement it on my (static) business web site as well as suggest it to my clients.

So far works pretty well. It shows a threat control panel for 'people' who get the CAPTCHA screen before getting to the site. Not a single one has passed it.

If you have a static site, it works even better because they can likely cache the whole thing,