Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABHcJ3o.jpg

@King Wickie problems

The wiki page says that both the tornado and the corroded fasteners were to blame for the collapse.
Yeah, it was only an F1 and was traveling on the plateau.

The longer intact section has had the towers restored (glass floor at the end) after the collapse and has more modern connection to the concrete supports, while still retaining the old 5-6” long nuts on rebar with strip steel welded across two nuts for historical aesthetics.

The other (fenced off, rails coming off pic) short side has the old style mounting but lashed down with steel cable bolted to the sides of the concrete feet and fed over the top of the steel plates. Modern cable/hardware but the cable/hardware strewn around suggests they were in place prior to the collapse.

Yeah, it was only an F1 and was traveling on the plateau.

The longer intact section has had the towers restored (glass floor at the end) after the collapse and has more modern connection to the concrete supports, while still retaining the old 5-6” long nuts on rebar with strip steel welded across two nuts for historical aesthetics.

The other (fenced off, rails coming off pic) short side has the old style mounting but lashed down with steel cable bolted to the sides of the concrete feet and fed over the top of the steel plates. Modern cable/hardware but the cable/hardware strewn around suggests they were in place prior to the collapse.
your pics are always fantastic but they always make the area look dead and depressing. Dry, gray, etc.

your pics are always fantastic but they always make the area look dead and depressing. Dry, gray, etc.
I point my phone (13MP and laser autofocus (also has laser measuring which is fun) lol) and click the button. Thanks for the compliment I suppose? It was overcast.

I take pictures more for personal documentary reasons. I know I don't I don't know enough about composition to care too much.

truly Anytown, USA

Except for Florida. too many elevation changes, too few pickups.
How many places in the USA can you see the remnants of the formation of Pangaea? (All along the Appalachians)

That's Chestnut Ridge, westernmost ridge of the Appalachians.

Totally a fluke on the pick-em-ups.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Status
Not open for further replies.