Photography stuffs

Because it's easier to finagle the bigger CF card, and the contacts aren't exposed perhaps? :fly:

bah, I've never even heard of a problem with the contacts on an sd card...those pins in a cf card however...mess that shit up and it's hitting the circular file cabinet

Because it's easier to finagle the bigger CF card, and the contacts aren't exposed perhaps? :fly:

Chikken never ceases to amaze me.

Plus, small size is a problem for photographers. Their livelyhood is on one itty bitty price of plastic that gets lost when one is switching cards out fast trying to get the shots at the wedding.

Don't say they need a larger gig card. That is also a big no-no because you need to diversify the work on many cards incase one fails or if one is lost. Devestation would occur if something happened to ALL of your work.

You cant retake memories. That's why it's such a big deal.

Chikken never ceases to amaze me.

Plus, small size is a problem for photographers. Their livelyhood is on one itty bitty price of plastic that gets lost when one is switching cards out fast trying to get the shots at the wedding.

Don't say they need a larger gig card. That is also a big no-no because you need to diversify the work on many cards incase one fails or if one is lost. Devestation would occur if something happened to ALL of your work.

You cant retake memories. That's why it's such a big deal.

The Missus' diving camera takes CF and XD at the same time, when I got it for her the idea was not to take all the photos on one card for a trip in case it flooded...

i took this picture with a floppy cam in high school:

MVC-010S.JPG