Pet Question

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I got both our Dogs fixed yesterday, microchipped, and the male caught up on his shots. The female since getting fixed doesn't want to move and won't eat or drink. If she doesn't perk up I'll take her to the vet later.

Has anyone else had this problem?

That's typical dude. Think about what they do when they fix a dog. You wouldn't want to move either. Give her 3-4 days. If she doesn't come around, then take her to the vet.

That happened to my cat. She was very sluggish for about 3 days. Then she was all over the place and ate everything in sight.

The vet seems worried. They said she should have at least tried to drink by now. She acts like she's very thirsty so we've been squirting water down her throat every once in a while. It's probably just a reaction to the painkiller. I may drop her off at the vets during lunch just to be sure.

The male you can't even tell he had anything done. He had one or two bald spots and what looked like a skin rash so the doc put him on an antihistamine and gave him valium instead of painkillers. He's an extremely lazy/mellow dog and since taking that medicine he's like a throw rug.

My animals were pretty bouncy when they came back from having their tweeters snipped. But we left them at the vets for a couple of days cuz the deal fell over a weekend or a holiday or something.

Yeah when we had Bella spayed she didn't move much for a couple of days. The first day she barely got out of her bed. If she doesn't get any better by the end of the day then I'd take her in. The vet will prolly just rehydrate her.

Out of couriousity how long did you wait? We get them done at the earliest possible age and they seem to come back quick, but if older I imagine...

That sounds kind of sad, I hope Lola recovers from hers well.

She's pathetic. She won't even move. My wife took her to work with her and unless she perks up some I'll pick her up in a few hours to drop off at the vets.

fly said:
awww, take her to the vet. :(
Every dog I have ever had or known to get fixed is sluggish for the first 2-4 days. I think the vet is just trying to freak him out to milk more $ out of him to do things that aren't necessary. I mean, if you want to go and take the dog there to make yourself feel better, than cool. I'm fairly sure the puppah will bounce back on her own. After all, ripping out her girlie parts is probable cause to want to take it easy.

kiwi said:
Why did you get the dogs microchipped? I thought you wanted to lose them. :confused:

But my wife doesn't. I may dislike them most of the time becuase I have to deal with their messes and problems but I'll put up with them if it makes my wife happy.

b_sinning said:
But my wife doesn't. I may dislike them most of the time becuase I have to deal with their messes and problems but I'll put up with them if it makes my wife happy.

Ahhh, that's so sweet. :heart: