People who say our soldiers are dying for protestor's rights make me laff

2,000 deaths in a 3-year war is nothing. And only something like 50% of those are even combat related. In contrast how many tens of thousands of enemies have we killed? I'm not concerned about how many Americans die over there. It doesn't break my heart when a soldier dies in combat. It's what they do. They kill and they die. You don't join the military if you want to deliver pizzas or be a kindergarten teacher.

I'm concerned about the U.S. losing its credibility across the world. We're supposed to be a beacon of hope and respect. It's who we are. "The Free Country". We don't go initiating wars that kill tens of thousands of people because our stupid fucking president has a vendetta. In all honesty, Bush should be executed. This war is essentially a war crime.

Do I think the muslim insurgents dying over there deserve what they get? Absolutely. These are people who live to kill in the name of God. Well, go meet your God and get off my planet.

But the fact remains that it is an international war crime to invade another country without merit and kill its people. The fact that the UN has done nothing means that they too have lost all credibility. The U.S. created the UN, but that doesn't make us exempt from its rules and laws.

Sarcasmo said:
2,000 deaths in a 3-year war is nothing. And only something like 50% of those are even combat related. In contrast how many tens of thousands of enemies have we killed? I'm not concerned about how many Americans die over there. It doesn't break my heart when a soldier dies in combat. It's what they do. They kill and they die. You don't join the military if you want to deliver pizzas or be a kindergarten teacher.

I'm concerned about the U.S. losing its credibility across the world. We're supposed to be a beacon of hope and respect. It's who we are. "The Free Country". We don't go initiating wars that kill tens of thousands of people because our stupid f*cking president has a vendetta. In all honesty, Bush should be executed. This war is essentially a war crime.

Do I think the muslim insurgents dying over there deserve what they get? Absolutely. These are people who live to kill in the name of God. Well, go meet your God and get off my planet.

But the fact remains that it is an international war crime to invade another country without merit and kill its people. The fact that the UN has done nothing means that they too have lost all credibility. The U.S. created the UN, but that doesn't make us exempt from its rules and laws.
Kill Bush? Bah. You'd have to prove that he KNEW most of the reasons we published for going to war were false. I'm not so sure of that. I don't think he's that smart or malicious. I think its more a case of people telling him what he wanted to hear.

theacoustician said:
Kill Bush? Bah. You'd have to prove that he KNEW most of the reasons we published for going to war were false. I'm not so sure of that. I don't think he's that smart or malicious. I think its more a case of people telling him what he wanted to hear.

The guy barely knows how to talk. He's a living, breathing Elmer Fudd. Why would anyone think he'd know enough about the evidence to know any of it was false?

theacoustician said:
And I'm fairly certain that's been the case with most US Presidents in the relatively recent past, it is largely a figurehead position - not what the media and everyone else makes it out to be.

I agree with Chikken. This month's wired is actually really well written and had some interesting stories on some bomb disposal people over there. Bombs have killed more US soliders than anything else and now bomb disposal guys are considered prime targets.

theacoustician said:

I understand. It's a "letter of the law" argument. I don't personally think that Bush has really made any decisions whatsoever since taking office. He's a puppet. And as Pandora said, he couldn't make those decisions anyway because he's a drooling moron.

theacoustician said:
That's what I don't understand. Why would you surround yourself with people like that? Maybe I'm too proud of a person, but I'd want the truth as my legacy would be important to me...

fly said:
That's what I don't understand. Why would you surround yourself with people like that? Maybe I'm too proud of a person, but I'd want the truth as my legacy would be important to me...
The Emperor's New Clothes man.

George W. Bush in a 2000 Campaign speech:

"I will restore honor and integrity to the White House"

Libby indicted..Rove potentially next:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/leak.probe/index.html

Tom DeLay indicted:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/28/delay.indict/index.html

Bill Frist investigated for insider trading:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/18/frist.stock.sale.ap/index.html

Bush cronyism nomination of Miers fell apart from own party:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/10/28/scotus.next/index.html

And the corporate big oil CEO's in bed with the GOP are in trouble:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/28/news/economy/windfall_tax/?cnn=yes

NICE GOING GEORGE YOU DOUCHEBAG

Pandora said:
:lol: Like a politican would actually do that. I don't think it's actually possible to get elected these day and still observe those principles. :(

unfortunately, the way the system is setup the only people who can get there are megalomaniac sycophants...if you want to be president you should be disqualified on the spot... the problem is getting someone in office who doesn't possess those characteristics is virtually impossible

why_ask_why said:
unfortunately, the way the system is setup the only people who can get there are megalomaniac sycophants...if you want to be president you should be disqualified on the spot... the problem is getting someone in office who doesn't possess those characteristics is virtually impossible
Cause thats not what the people want. They don't want someone who says and does whats on their mind. Hell, Bush is about as close as a President can get to that...

fly said:
Cause thats not what the people want. They don't want someone who says and does whats on their mind. Hell, Bush is about as close as a President can get to that...
I bet you dont want someone who says and does what's on their mind. You want someone who does and says what's on yours, or at least says. Anyone who acted and commanded firmly and to their best knowledge would be eviciserated by the press and people in general listen to what the media tells them. No one really wants someone who believes in anything, they all want a fence sitter who talks alot.

That said the president doesnt have _that_ much power. It's all the little elections that no one votes in where the stupid people get elected (congress and the senate approved this war fools).

FlamingGlory said:
I bet you dont want someone who says and does what's on their mind. You want someone who does and says what's on yours, or at least says. Anyone who acted and commanded firmly and to their best knowledge would be eviciserated by the press and people in general listen to what the media tells them. No one really wants someone who believes in anything, they all want a fence sitter who talks alot.

I disagree. I want someone who will start up for whats right and all that hokey shit.

That said the president doesnt have _that_ much power. It's all the little elections that no one votes in where the stupid people get elected (congress and the senate approved this war fools).
REPEAL THE 17TH AMENDMENT FOR JUSTICE

fly said:
I disagree. I want someone who will start up for whats right and all that hokey shit.

REPEAL THE 17TH AMENDMENT FOR JUSTICE
If you say so. Reality is quite different than ideality. Being told what's good for them would piss off alot of people even if they don't think it would.

17th amendment... 0_o You think more people show up for state elections than federal ones? We'd have the old cranky senior citizen power bloc through and through! Oh fly you make me keekle.

Really the only other systems are like Vermont or a simple parlimentary power sharing; in the former federal interests would be neglected and in the latter nothing would get done at all.

If you really wanted something that would get things done you'd vote fascist kekeke Or become rich, lobby, and just use the system. I have no qualms with playing the status quo if I could.