People who say our soldiers are dying for protestor's rights make me laff

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,301
Steam
mattressfish
Do they really have no clue as to why we're fighting this war? It has NOTHING to do with our personal freedoms.

Are you one of those people? Cause lets be honest about this war...

CONTENT EDIT: WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WAR IS ABOUT?

Last edited:
you mean gee dubya isn't keeping us safe from the infidels in the name of our lord jesus christ??

BigDov said:
uuuh I don't get it :confused:
An example: A morning radio show here was talking about the war yesterday. There were quite a few detractors for the war that got on-air. One of the first things that most of the pro-war people that got on-air said was, "Those soldiers are over there dying so that you can voice your opinion."

NO. THAT IS NOT TRUE

FlamingGlory said:
Trolling is fun aint it?
Is it really even trolling when the thread starts off about politics? George isn't the only person who can enjoy a nice town hall meeting about current events...

fly said:
Is it really even trolling when the thread starts off about politics? George isn't the only person who can enjoy a nice town hall meeting about current events...
Just shape your question a little more clearly. I'm really unsure as to exactly what you're getting at.

theacoustician said:
Just shape your question a little more clearly. I'm really unsure as to exactly what you're getting at.
Shape your statement a little more clearly. I don't get what you're getting at. :fly:

fly said:
Shape your statement a little more clearly. I don't get what you're getting at. :fly:
C'mon dude. This could be interesting, but I really have no idea what you're getting at here. Do you want people to talk about what they really think this war is about?

ChikkenNoodul said:
I don't so much care about war, but I sure want to start shooting protesters.

Fuckers tie up traffic and shit

it's hysterical when they congregate in a mob outside our building thinking they will get airtime :fly:

fly said:
You didnt even start off with something 'current events'; just made a statement that people can either agree or disagree with. This isnt how to discuss things, it's how you force people to make one decision as to whether they're on your side or not.

Then you ask and answered two of your own questions, so I really dont see much room for discussion. It pretty much the same as making a poll with A) I agree with fly, B) I don't.

Fascinatin' innit?

fly said:
An example: A morning radio show here was talking about the war yesterday. There were quite a few detractors for the war that got on-air. One of the first things that most of the pro-war people that got on-air said was, "Those soldiers are over there dying so that you can voice your opinion."

NO. THAT IS NOT TRUE

Got ya. You're right, it's not true at all.

FlamingGlory said:
You didnt even start off with something 'current events'; just made a statement that people can either agree or disagree with. This isnt how to discuss things, it's how you force people to make one decision as to whether they're on your side or not.

Then you ask and answered two of your own questions, so I really dont see much room for discussion. It pretty much the same as making a poll with A) I agree with fly, B) I don't.

Fascinatin' innit?
Isn't discussion about making a decision, then talking about it? Or are you one of those wishy-washy liberals? :fly:

theacoustician said:
C'mon dude. This could be interesting, but I really have no idea what you're getting at here. Do you want people to talk about what they really think this war is about?
apparently, i started this thread in haste without much forethought. I was really hoping to garner a response from someone like I heard on the radio yesterday...

I suppose I could change the content part to read: What do you think this war is about?

fly said:
Isn't discussion about making a decision, then talking about it? Or are you one of those wishy-washy liberals? :fly:
It's the consideration of a subject by a group or a formal discourse in this case.

I'm content just being antisocial.

Bubbles said:
This war is about two things:

1. It is a personal thing. W's dad started it and now W thinks he can finish it.

2. OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL
1. yes
2. no

Its about making someone an example in the middle east to make the rest of them think twice. Like kicking someone's ass on the first day of prision...

This will end up being our generations Vietnam with the way the media has started spinning stuff. Especially now the death count has topped 2000. The soldiers will end up hearing shit about doing their job which isn't fair to them. Especially the next election time.

Fucking politicans.

We are not the worlds police. We should slowly start pulling back from there and see if some of the stuff we've put in place will stick or not.