Pack Rats

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
This was mentioned in another thread and I figured it would make a great thread of its own...

What have you been holding onto for years? It can be something you collect that is valuable or the stuff that has no value, you just cannot throw it away. Got any good games or a lightbright? Baseball cards? cabbage patch kids? pound puppies?

I have like 100,000 baseball cards that I am to lazy to go through and toss the worthless ones(pretty much all). I have all of my old original Micro Machines, most still in good condition since I would buy 2 of each so I could break 1 :fly:. Most of my Ninja Turtles gear including a badass halloween mask I wore when I was like 5-7 range and all of the action figures...

I have a case of coins/bills that my grandfather gave me when I was like 9 years old. I kept the case myself and never even told my parents about it. They are all from the 40's-mid50's and from all over the world when he was in the war.

What "junk" do you have lying around?

my whole house is full of junk...mostly crap that i can't figure out to toss or not. i seem to have a problem letting go of stuff, especially when it's still perfectly fine/usable/functional. the fun stuff i have i'm not going to toss!
garbage pail kids
baseball cards
charm necklace
my card collection (i have dozens of decks)
children's books (and teen books)
i have pencils and erasers that i've had since elementary school, too, and it's fun to see spangelet with them. :)
i don't have enough time in my life or space on the web to talk about the crap i have that i don't know how to toss. :fly: :hs:

This was mentioned in another thread and I figured it would make a great thread of its own...

What have you been holding onto for years? It can be something you collect that is valuable or the stuff that has no value, you just cannot throw it away. Got any good games or a lightbright? Baseball cards? cabbage patch kids? pound puppies?

I have like 100,000 baseball cards that I am to lazy to go through and toss the worthless ones(pretty much all). I have all of my old original Micro Machines, most still in good condition since I would buy 2 of each so I could break 1 :fly:. Most of my Ninja Turtles gear including a badass halloween mask I wore when I was like 5-7 range and all of the action figures...

I have a case of coins/bills that my grandfather gave me when I was like 9 years old. I kept the case myself and never even told my parents about it. They are all from the 40's-mid50's and from all over the world when he was in the war.

What "junk" do you have lying around?

All the good collectable stuff gets sent up to my grandmother. She has all my Cabbage Patch Kids, Rainbow Bright, Pound Puppies, etc . . . . I keep telling her to sell that crap on eBay, she could get a pretty penny for it.

I come from a family of the bad kind of pack rats, like can't walk through the house pack rats. I keep the weirdest stuff until I realize that I'm doing it and then I have a massive clearing out. The stuff I'm really bad at is magazine clippings and newspaper clippings, thats why I restrict myself to the RSS stuff then I don't have a mess of papers I just have a ton of booksmarks online.

All the good collectable stuff gets sent up to my grandmother. She has all my Cabbage Patch Kids, Rainbow Bright, Pound Puppies, etc . . . . I keep telling her to sell that crap on eBay, she could get a pretty penny for it.

I come from a family of the bad kind of pack rats, like can't walk through the house pack rats. I keep the weirdest stuff until I realize that I'm doing it and then I have a massive clearing out. The stuff I'm really bad at is magazine clippings and newspaper clippings, thats why I restrict myself to the RSS stuff then I don't have a mess of papers I just have a ton of booksmarks online.

You still haven't given me my penis back :mad:

I save ever Jager bottle I ever drink...

Theres about 400 in my parents garage that say "house supplies" on the boxes from teh last move. If my dad found out I was taking up his precious garage space for empty bottles, well they wouldnt be there anymore. I should really do something with them, like throw em out

Matchbox/Hotwheels cars. I have a copier paper box full of them. Legos (yes I said Legos stfu), unassembled by set, in ziploc bags from when I moved. Construx (fisher-price Lego style building blocks). Original boxes that most of my computer hardware came in. I did throw out most of the boxes for which I didn't have the hardware that went to it anymore. Old coax cables, BNC connectors and terminators, and 8bit ISA Arcnet network cards from my dad's business he gave me when they upgraded to Ethernet. My first computer, a Compaq Presario running a Pentium Overdrive 90 LOL. I keep it mainly because it costs me money to throw it out (recycle, none of the town/cities around here take them due to hazardous waste).

Receipts to computer hardware long since thrown out/died/etc. Health Insurance papers/bills, doctor's bills, and other now useless paperwork. I've been going through that filing cabinet and shredding stuff I don't need. Still gotta finish that job.

My old Hughes Direcpc satellite dish. I know I'll find a use for that (such as a high-gain WiFi antenna).

Last edited:
packrat present and accounted for.

records
TON of clothes. they say if you don't wear it an entire season to get rid of it, but I just think there may be SOME time I may need a taupe dress shirt with a little stain on the back :lol:

I come from packratters too. and unfortunately I believe I've married into more. my wife not so bad, but I guess her mom's house out in riverview (4000 Sq. ft) is so bad that she won't even take me over there. have never set foot in her parents' house. drove by the outside one time.

Have you even unpacked yet?

I'm quick to throw something away. A minimal house is a well functioning house.

Fly tends to disagree, I've jumped on him about throwing something away... only because it was something of mine and I had not made the decision to throw it away yet.

Less is best definitely. I never miss anything I have gotten rid of. :hs:

I save ever Jager bottle I ever drink...

Theres about 400 in my parents garage that say "house supplies" on the boxes from teh last move. If my dad found out I was taking up his precious garage space for empty bottles, well they wouldnt be there anymore. I should really do something with them, like throw em out

Yer dad is takin' a leak in them when he goes out to the garage++