Our Edward Went to the Emergency Room

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
So Edward, our two-year old black domestic cat, started making funny meows at about 11PM last night. He is ALWAYS meowing right when we go to bed--I call it his singing since it seems like he loves to hear himself talk.

Last night the meows changed into something not cat-like so I go into the kitchen where he was at and check on him. He's posturing (that's what the vet called it--he was hunched over like he was going potty) in the kitchen. I petted him and he rolled over and started to lick his no-no area.

Okay I know this is getting long.

picture.php

Black one sitting next to the orange one.

Fast-forward-- we take him to the emergency vet and come to find out he has a Urinary Obstruction which is common in male cats. News to us!

$1,300 bucks-- just forewarning anyone that as male cats to keep an eye on them. The vet (and online) states that the cat can be in a life-threatening situation within 48 hours. Basically because they can not pee and it starts to ruin their insides.

http://www.petplace.com/cats/urinary-obstruction-in-cats/page1.aspx

Now all of our cats are moving to a prescription food (then to regular wet food) when Edward gets home. That's going to be nice and expensive.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. :eek:
how's my furry nephew doing now?
He is still at the hospital. :( He should be home today as long as his bladder and kidneys are doing fine. :hs:
no kidding. I was like wtf? :lol:

I WOULD HAVE HAD THE CAT GO NAPPY TIME
1.3k? are you kidding me? I'd maybe spend that on a dog, if it saved my life once upon a time
It must be a cold cruel world you live in where money is more important than a life.

dammit, I was going to try and troll you further as mikey but it changed the name on my posts above too :(