Oops!

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
If you ever wanted to see someone get caught bald faced lying before a live studio audience, tune into David Letterman tonight. Make sure you watch at least through the first guest. Someone has committed a severe tactical error. After you see it, tell me how/if this will effect the election.

for those of us who can't watch david letterman tonight, is it possible to clue us in without ruining the thread?

for those of us who can't watch david letterman tonight, is it possible to clue us in without ruining the thread?
All I will say it John McCain was supposed to be the first guest. What happens during the taping ... well ... you'll just have to see. I'm sure it will be on YouTube soon (if not already).

fucked i tell ya.

since polls always so accurate, especially this far out from election. at the beginning of august didn't obama have like 100% of the vote?

now palin has garnered 41% or more?

fucked i tell ya.

since polls always so accurate, especially this far out from election. at the beginning of august didn't obama have like 100% of the vote?

now palin has garnered 41% or more?
I'm not saying polls are accurate, but it is a weird coincidence considering they were statically tied for ... as long as I can recall. This is the first polling that puts either of them outside the margin of error. I honestly think it has more to do with running out of money and being sacred of a drubbing at the debates.

i trust intrade. obama has bounced back into the lead there. currently an obama win is trading at 55 (out of a possible 100) and a mccain win is trading at 44.6. Much closer than it was before the Palin announcement (when it was typically 60-40 favoring Obama)

I think this was a complete bullshit move. I think it makes McCain look very self-righteous. What right does he have to "fix" the budget? If he really gave a shit about this country he would have included Obama as well. I completely believe that this was a political stunt. And it has only made me secure my vote for Obama.

And I think it was extremely inappropriate to cancel Letterman and jump to another show. I know that Letterman may not be as important but if you give your word keep it. Thats the whole honor thing.

McCain has made me very nervous after this move. I've been leaning towards Obama and now after this and the choice of Palin I am leaning much further.

This whole election is stressful!

And I think it was extremely inappropriate to cancel Letterman and jump to another show. I know that Letterman may not be as important but if you give your word keep it. Thats the whole honor thing.

Bingo. It would be even smarter not to jump ship to another show on the same network ... that was the part that blew me away.

I guess you didn't look at how the poll was weighted. You'd rather swallow their bullshit whole. :rolleyes:
You missed my point. It doesn't matter how the poll was weighted. I don't really care what it says. The point is not how I react to the poll, but how the canidates react to the poll.

I really couldn't give two shits how the rest of the country is voting. Anyone who knows how I voted in the primaries knows that.