Okay, so I started using Thuderbird...

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,380
Steam
mattressfish
I got tired of all the spam from Outlook Express. Since I switched, its been great. Well, the first day sucked, as it Junk'd most of my email, but its getting better.

My only gripe: When I mark an email Not Junk, MOVE IT BACK TO MY INBOX.

Anyone else use Thunderbird?

The Thunderbirds used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. I was actually afraid to see Team America because of my still-pervasive puppet phobia.

Sarcasmo said:
The Thunderbirds used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. I was actually afraid to see Team America because of my still-pervasive puppet phobia.

You too? They make me sick to my stomache when I see them. I think its related to these old filmstrips my dentist used to show me...

Been using it for a year or two. The only thing that held me back at first was that it didn't have a "fetch all mail" option, incredibly stupid of them not to include it from the start. But since it was introduced I've been more than happy, hardly any false positives and 99% of spam gets dealt with correctly.

I Robert I said:
Been using it for a year or two. The only thing that held me back at first was that it didn't have a "fetch all mail" option, incredibly stupid of them not to include it from the start. But since it was introduced I've been more than happy, hardly any false positives and 99% of spam gets dealt with correctly.
Finally ontopic. :heart:

This Not Junk thing drives me crazy. And I wish there was an option to delete all junk mail on exit.

SpangeMonkee said:
I like Thunderbird. The only problem I have is that you can't setup a different SMTP server for each POP server. You have to manual switch SMTP servers. It's annoying, but a small price to pay.
Yes you can... I have the swedish version so this is what I think it would translate to:
Tools -> Account settings -> Scroll down to "Server for outgoing mail" -> Advanced -> Add

Next select Server settings under the account you want to change -> Advanced -> SMTP -> Select server from drop down.

Profit?

Tried it when 1.0 came out and didnt like it because it treated every single message as plain text. I dont get a ton of mail other than spam (I use IMs mostly) but most of the time when I do get mail from people its html based. It got old looking at code.

Ryokurin said:
Tried it when 1.0 came out and didnt like it because it treated every single message as plain text. I dont get a ton of mail other than spam (I use IMs mostly) but most of the time when I do get mail from people its html based. It got old looking at code.
I'm gonna sound like a fanboy but, It must be on your end. I've never encountered that problem. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have any real userbase if that was happening to a significant number of users.

Bubbles said:
I like Night Train..............

OMG... me and my idiot friends would have to drive to Hollands Market in a nasty part of west baltimore in order to get that shit. It's a whole other kind of drunk. Must be the unusually high levels of antifreeze and turpentine.

Also:

I don't use any pop3 mail providers at home, so it webmail all the way for me.

I've been using Thunderbird for a year +, I don't see myself changing back to Outlook anytime soon. It's an almost perfect mail client. Pity it's too much to ask in a media player etc.