NYE plans

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,427
So yet another cliche'd thread about real life plans for celebratory events.

This year I am doing nothing on New Years Eve, I'm going to sit in and watch films and have some nice food. I can't find anything more appealing to do, and I've gone off the taste of alcohol so there's nought for it.

Anyone doing the done thing of getting blind drunk?

I'll be working all day, probably late since it's the end of the month/quarter/year. Then I'll probably go home and do nothing. I've got some sleep to be catching up on. :lol:

This is the problem with working. Most my friends don't work so they don't understand prefering staying in to going out all night partying. On my one day off (which is New Years day) I'd like to not be suffering, I'd prefer to enjoy my time off. Yet when I told a friend I was staying in his jaw literally dropped.

I dont' remember the last time I was out for NYE... unless you count going to SemperFly's house being out.

Actually, I think the last time I was out partying for NYE, it was 2001/2002... and I went to Bar Louie with fleshrocket and his brother. :lol:

I think the last 2 years, I haven't even made it to the ball dropping, and have fallen asleep before midnight. Yes, I am THAT old.

Last NYE I was in bed by 10pm because I'd caught a virus and couldn't move or I'd vomit. That was enjoyable!

The 2 years previous to that I was coked to my eyeballs and went on a 4 day drinking etc binge. Both yeahs ended quite badly with things being broken.

Dissapointingly, it seems we're going to be doing the same thing on a NYE that we would do on any other random weekend night.

No one has any admiration for the fine art of a party anymore. Makes me sad. I found this great shindig that the tampa aquarium was doing, really cool with an open bar, open food, live band, etc. Plus an awesome vantage point for the fireworks over the bay. You would think people would be like 'Kick ass. Let's do it'.

No, they want to go to the same bar they always go to and drink.

:(

Dissapointingly, it seems we're going to be doing the same thing on a NYE that we would do on any other random weekend night.

No one has any admiration for the fine art of a party anymore. Makes me sad. I found this great shindig that the tampa aquarium was doing, really cool with an open bar, open food, live band, etc. Plus an awesome vantage point for the fireworks over the bay. You would think people would be like 'Kick ass. Let's do it'.

No, they want to go to the same bar they always go to and drink.

:(

I think we all have to face that we're just getting a bit too old and grumpy to go out partying.

I may sound bah humbug too, but I agree. It's just another consumer holiday that is more stress than necessary.

Boycott Christmas 2009!!!

There's always such a climax of "oh won't it be great, oooh i've brought you a brilliant present" and when it comes round to it, when you're over the age of 16 it's not very exciting anymore. Just an excuse to go off work for a few days.

A nice quiet evening with Scott cuddled on the couch watching Discovery until it's time to watch the ball drop. I'm going to order some special chamomile tea from Peets.com and make a peach cobbler for him. I already have the Breyers vanilla bean ice cream. All I have to do is slice the peaches.

Not sure what we are doing for NYE. We thought of throwing a certain kind of party, but the only interested/available/able to people were all dudes and me.

Which would be hot, but alas...

I think we all have to face that we're just getting a bit too old and grumpy to go out partying.

But this is not so much a party as it is a once a year event. Something different. Something you don't normally do. My deep seated belief is that is what New Years SHOULD be.

I mean, seriously, one of the biggest social nights of the year, and people want to do the same thing they do on any old night?

I guess I just don't want to grow up. I always want to be a toys'r'us kid.

But this is not so much a party as it is a once a year event. Something different. Something you don't normally do. My deep seated belief is that is what New Years SHOULD be.

I mean, seriously, one of the biggest social nights of the year, and people want to do the same thing they do on any old night?

I guess I just don't want to grow up. I always want to be a toys'r'us kid.

My main problem with NYE is that everyone celebrates it. Too many people in bars being sick and fighting. Not something I'm interested in. Plus I'd feel old going to the sort of parties I used to go to. All night raves in falling down warehouses aren't really my scene anymore, when I was 16 yeah great but I like sitting at home with my cats and watching my favourite soaps now.