NHL Thread

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
I know not many of you are into Hockey but for the few of us that are I figured I would make a NHL thread. I felt this was an odd year in hockey. Seemed as if either I was not into it or my team was not getting me into it. Seeing how the finals are like what 4 days away I am getting amped back up for it. I usually attend about 10 games a year but this year I went to a grand total of 0.

So...

Ottawa Senator Vs Anaheim Ducks

Who do you think will take the cup this year? Can you get over saying "Mighty" when talking about the Ducks? I cant

Once mighty, now just Ducks. Still just as fucking gay.

I hope Ottawa wins. I rooted for the Ducks last round because while Disney should be set on fire I'm extremely sick of Detroit this and Detroit that. It's all I ever hear about. Red Wings Red Wings Red Wings. Blech.

My Ottawa Senators will win it in 6. I'm trying my ass off to get tickets, and am setting aside bail money for when they win.

My Ottawa Senators will win it in 6. I'm trying my ass off to get tickets, and am setting aside bail money for when they win.

HAHA!!!

When the lightning won I was trying to get tickets so bad to one of the games but ended up not getting them. I got really pissed off at this guy who kept bumping into me. When I swung him around by his shoulder to get pissy it was my brother, lol. He didnt live in Tampa at the time and was thinking the same thing as me "whos this asshole bumping into me" weird coincidence.

I recently became attracted to hockey this year, so, I'm not familure with anything or any players.

I hope to get a crash course from reading the sports lingo drivel that pours into this thread. So, please describe more about the teams and players that you like and dislike so that mah brain can adapt ( be assymilated.)

Oh shibby, I completely forgot the Ducks lost the last one in game 7 of 2003. I didnt realize they have never actually won the cup. Maybe I will be shooting for them

I recently became attracted to hockey this year, so, I'm not familure with anything or any players.

I hope to get a crash course from reading the sports lingo drivel that pours into this thread. So, please describe more about the teams and players that you like and dislike so that mah brain can adapt ( be assymilated.)

You should probably try watching college hockey, like U of M Duluth, Cornell, University of Wisconsin. It's easier to follow and the games arent broken up by as many commercials. Players are relatively unimportant compared to baseball/football. Really you just need to know Booby Oor and Mario Lemieux both have wikipedia articles.

You should probably try watching college hockey, like U of M Duluth, Cornell, University of Wisconsin. It's easier to follow and the games arent broken up by as many commercials. Players are relatively unimportant compared to baseball/football. Really you just need to know Booby Oor and Mario Lemieux both have wikipedia articles.

booby Oor huh??? never heard of that guy :fly:

if you are wiki'ing please look for Bobby Orr ;)

or of course Ray Bourque :heart:

Carolina won it last year, beating the Oilers in 7 games

No, didnt the oilers beat the ducks to get to the cup? I could look it up but I am jsut to dam lazy

I know the hurricanes won against the oilers in the cup last year but in playoffs I thought it was oilers vs ducks, ducks ftl in game 7