Thread New Years Eve Plans v.2014

It seems like our friends with kids tend to stay home on NYE, probably that's why. :fly:
That's not as much fun though. We just get a babysitter for the night when we feel it's better for him to stay home. This year my dad will sleep on the couch while my son sleeps in his bed. All good for us :)

This is why having a kid is more of a pain. It's harder to have people over and not worry about your kid being woken up.

Two of our invites are small groups (and our son is welcome to both of those). The one huge party has lots of great friends though and is always a blast.

We have parties all the time. We don't worry about Sam getting woken up. I'm sure she does but she stays in her room and goes back to sleep. I guess she's just used to it because we have never altered our habits of hosting loud parties due to having a child. We had a huge party last week and it was all good. My parents did the same thing. Sometimes I'd lay in bed and listen to the party until I drifted off to sleep. It wasn't bad.

This year for NYE we will either be at my sister's house for a party or we will be going to New Years at 7, which is a family friendly party they throw in our town complete with fireworks early so that you can celebrate with the kids and then have them in bed at a reasonable hour. If we go that route we'll have friends over after probably.

We have parties all the time. We don't worry about Sam getting woken up. I'm sure she does but she stays in her room and goes back to sleep. I guess she's just used to it because we have never altered our habits of hosting loud parties due to having a child. We had a huge party last week and it was all good. My parents did the same thing. Sometimes I'd lay in bed and listen to the party until I drifted off to sleep. It wasn't bad.

This year for NYE we will either be at my sister's house for a party or we will be going to New Years at 7, which is a family friendly party they throw in our town complete with fireworks early so that you can celebrate with the kids and then have them in bed at a reasonable hour. If we go that route we'll have friends over after probably.
I was referring to a NYE party only. At least the ones I like to go to with lots of music, dancing, drinking and seriously a ton of people. That part I just don't think would be fair to do to my kid especially since the only bathroom available is right next to his room (I really need to build one in the basement). That's just me, but I didn't grow up with loud parties ever. Let alone ones with dancing and music like that. My mom was quite recluse and when people came over it was always a smaller affair.

Other types of parties I don't have an issue with having in the house.

I want another New Year's Eve where one girl ends up so drunk that while getting carried around piggyback by the guy she's boning that she loses grip on his neck and falls back and conks her head on the concrete.

I was referring to a NYE party only. At least the ones I like to go to with lots of music, dancing, drinking and seriously a ton of people. That part I just don't think would be fair to do to my kid especially since the only bathroom available is right next to his room (I really need to build one in the basement). That's just me, but I didn't grow up with loud parties ever. Let alone ones with dancing and music like that. My mom was quite recluse and when people came over it was always a smaller affair.

Other types of parties I don't have an issue with having in the house.
Yeah, maybe we shouldn't but we do. It's just how it has always been done in my family. My parents loved dancing and loud music. They had epic parties. Tubs full of champagne and booze everywhere. 50 people in our little rancher with 1 bathroom. They really knew how to have fun. I need to carry on the tradition.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yeah, maybe we shouldn't but we do. It's just how it has always been done in my family. My parents loved dancing and loud music. They had epic parties. Tubs full of champagne and booze everywhere. 50 people in our little rancher with 1 bathroom. They really knew how to have fun. I need to carry on the tradition.
We all do what we think is best. I probably could have huge parties here too - and he would probably even sleep through it as he always does (fireworks right outside, thunderstorms, tornado sirens going off...) but I just didn't grow up with big parties at all.

As I said my mom was more recluse so any gathering here is way more than I grew up with. Your family sounds like it rocked. Considering my background I'm just aiming for "somewhere in between" Though now with most of my friends having kids, parties here break up by about 8-9pm anyway with only small groups lingering after :confused:

We all do what we think is best. I probably could have huge parties her too and he would sleep through it as he always does (fireworks right outside, thunderstorms, tornado sirens going off...) but I just didn't grow up doing it.

As I said my mom was more recluse so any gathering here is way more than I grew up with. Your family sounds like it rocked. Considering my background I'm just aiming for "somewhere in between" Though now with most of my friends having kids, parties here break up by about 8-9pm anyway with only small groups lingering after :confused:
I understand. Most people don't like to entertain as much as we do. My family did rock. It was such a fun and loving environment to grow up in. I really miss them.

I understand. Most people don't like to entertain as much as we do. My family did rock. It was such a fun and loving environment to grow up in. I really miss them.
I think it's awesome that you do! I probably should do it more. We got out of the habit of doing it more when funds were super tight (like when Dom was 1), but we used to do it a ton. Even stupid GenMay gatherings too if you recall. I enjoy it and I know Dom does to.

We used to get together with friends every month or so just to dance and sing (sounds cheesy but true). I miss those days.

I think it's awesome that you do! I probably should do it more. We got out of the habit of doing it more when funds were super tight (like when Dom was 1), but we used to do it a ton. Even stupid GenMay gatherings too if you recall. I enjoy it and I know Dom does to.

We used to get together with friends every month or so just to dance and sing (sounds cheesy but true). I miss those days.
That doesn't sound cheesy. It sounds awesome. If we lived closer I'm sure we'd invade often and torture you with our singing voices.

That doesn't sound cheesy. It sounds awesome. If we lived closer I'm sure we'd invade often and torture you with our singing voices.
Sadly we haven't done it (as a group) in years. Part of it was too many babies and pregnant ladies didn't feel like dancing and then real life and stuff. I do miss them, they were a blast! We did a lot of latin dancing too.