Video New Star Trek deserves its own thread (Not really)

Best name yet

'The Blingons'

uc

kirk and spock were ok. uhura and bones and chekov were fairly forgetable, although likeable.

Im a TNG fan, and i feel like every bridge character is developed extremely well.

And then there's DS9, where minor characters had more developed stories than some main characters on TNG, VOY, and ENT.

star trek was always driven by characters and personality. you got to know the crew as if they were real.

I hope that is the case, rather than ooh-shiney and bang bang bang.

from what I understand that's going to be the case. there's going to be shiney and bang bang just like there was in TOS and most of the spinoffs but hopefully it's the flavoring on top of deep character studies and powerful allegories to our current world

wait. The first officer is named Michael Burnham, and is a chick?

Is this some sort of "gender is a social construct" thing?

wait. The first officer is named Michael Burnham, and is a chick?

Is this some sort of "gender is a social construct" thing?

doubtful, bryan fuller had a habit of naming female leads in his shows with male or tomboyish names.

I think it's more of an example of how language changes. Leslie used to be exclusively a male name, for example

quality of TNG, DS9, and Voyager are entirely based on hair

TNG was hard to watch until Riker grew the beard, DS9 was as boring as the theme song until Sisko shaved his head, and Voyager was just recycled TNG scripts until Janeway got rid of the bun

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and Duke