Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,410
Steam
heyfubuddy
What would cause my email notification to quit notifying? Im talking the little evelope in the systray and the semi-transparent popup that happens when shit lands in my inbox? Ive gone through all my settings twice and everything looks right as far as I can see. So whats the dealie yo?

in outlook, tools->options->preferences tab->email options->advanced email options->check "display a new mail desktop alert" and check "show an envelope blah blah"

why_ask_why said:
in outlook, tools->options->preferences tab->email options->advanced email options->check "display a new mail desktop alert" and check "show an envelope blah blah"

Drool-Boy said:
Ive gone through all my settings twice and everything looks right as far as I can see.

And now Ive done it a 3rd time and its still right:p

edit - ok, I just noticed Im getting the transparent pop-up but not the icon in the systray. wtf

Drool-Boy said:
Id love to but it takes like 2 months to get an IT person to come around when you submit a ticket. No shit.

What are they paying him? I'll replace him and be at your beckon call. No shens.

Drool-Boy said:
And now Ive done it a 3rd time and its still right:p

edit - ok, I just noticed Im getting the transparent pop-up but not the icon in the systray. wtf

you never said but I'm guessing you did check the envelope box and it's STILL not working?

BeeRad said:
***Restart****

lol

I have too much shit I have to log in and out of to make a restart worth it.
Ill shut it down at the end of the day and restart in the morning.
If that doesnt fix it Ill go out into the shop and get a hammer.

Drool-Boy said:
I have too much shit I have to log in and out of to make a restart worth it.
Ill shut it down at the end of the day and restart in the morning.
If that doesnt fix it Ill go out into the shop and get a hammer.

I am sure the restart will work. My systray gets all jarbled at least once a week cause I hardly ever restart. As soon as I restart it works fine

BeeRad said:
I am sure the restart will work. My systray gets all jarbled at least once a week cause I hardly ever restart. As soon as I restart it works fine

Entirely possible. Ill shut er down at the end of the day and see in the morning.
I wonder if Id get in trouble if I installed thunderbird and used it for email instead?