Napolitano

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
Marklar
₥43,517
needs her meds refilled.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/1209/Napolitano_The_system_worked.html
Napolitano: "The system worked"

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said Sunday that the thwarting of the attempt to blow up an Amsterdam-Detroit airline flight Christmas Day demonstrated that "the system worked."

Asked by CNN's Candy Crowley on "State of the Union" how that could be possible when the young Nigerian who has been charged with trying to set off the bomb was able to smuggle explosive liquid onto the jet, Napolitano responded: "We're asking the same questions."

http://politics.theatlantic.com/2009/12/systemic_failure_obama_turns_a_180_from_napolitano.php
"Our system did not work in this instance," Napolitano said the next day, Monday, on NBC's "Today" show.

Last edited:
pizza napolitano

pizza.jpg

fwiw, I believe she said her initial statement was taken out of context. I have no idea if that is true.

more from the interview:
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000003273705
CROWLEY: Secretary Napolitano, thank you so much for joining us. If I am about to get on a plane today in the U.S. or headed toward the U.S., I think my big question is, is this part of a larger plot, or do you think this is a lone wolf?

NAPOLITANO: Well, right now, we have no indication that it’s part of anything larger, but obviously the investigation continues. And we have instituted more screening and what we call mitigation measures at airports. So I would advise you during this heavy holiday season just to arrive a bit early, and to know that we are going to be doing different things at different airports. So don’t expect to do the same thing at one airport when you transfer through to another airport.

But the traveling public -- this is my message for you, Candy. The traveling public is very, very safe in this air environment. And while we continue to investigate the source of this incident, I think the traveling public should be confident in what we are doing now.

CROWLEY: Well, it seems as though the reason this plane did not explode is that the explosion failed and then you had some quick passengers who jumped on him when he lit this fire. So let me ask you about how he could have gotten on the plane, with this substance, the PETN. I mean, we get on, you can’t have more than 3.4 ounces of toothpaste and you can’t have more than 3.4 ounces of anything in a little bag, and so I think people are thinking, so how does he get on with an explosive? How does that get past security?

NAPOLITANO: Well, we are asking the same questions, looking at what happened in Amsterdam as he transferred flights to a flight that was U.S.-bound. We have already been working with the airport and airline authorities there to see what kind of screening, screening equipment was used. We have no suggestion that he was improperly screened, but we want to go through and see. We’re always ...

CROWLEY: I’m sorry, but if he was not improperly screened or properly screened, and yet you want Americans to feel safe on the planes, and so if it was properly screened and he got on anyway with that, it doesn’t feel that safe.

NAPOLITANO: Well, you know, it should.

lolz.

I know next to nothing about her, but this is simply molehill/mountain shit.

Dear God. Put down your pipe & sober up.

if taken 'in context' the guy, Umar Farouk AbdulMutallab, who was refused entry into Britain earlier this year, currently in the US terror list data base and got on the plane less than a week ago without a passport, could have blown up the plane, killed everyone on board - including himself, caused collateral deaths and damage on the ground, and Napolitano's statement "the system worked" would be correct.

Can you imagine the ramifications if anyone claimed 'the system worked' on 9/11.

*hey, it's still one of the safest forms of travel. Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.*

:case:

Planes should have sleep regulators like in Fifth Element. That way all the passengers are instantly knocked out and can't set up their bombs or hijack shit. I could then apply to be a flight attendant and fondle sleeping passengers. It's a win on all sides. :D

DAMN THAT GUY MUST HAVE REALLY HAVE BEEN A BOMBER THEN?!?!

FUCK ME

GUESS I'D BETTER START TRUSTING THE DRINKS BAN, AND THERE WAS ME THINKING IT WAS ONLY A WAY TO GET YOU TO BUY OVERPRICED WATER EITHER IN THE AIRPORT OR ON THE AIRPLANE

fwiw, I believe she said her initial statement was taken out of context. I have no idea if that is true.

whenever someone says something completely retarded they now regret, they always claim it was 'taken out of context'.

so... whenever you hear that excuse, that's how you know the person saying it is completely retarded.

I would not be surprised for another almost "terrorist" act to take place this long holiday weekend. Something to make the idiots say thank God for the government and help start getting people ready for the next war in Iran or Yemen that most likely will happen in the next few years.