Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥51,340
Steam
heyfubuddy
So when we were in Savannah in june, we met an artist whos work I am just absolutely crazy for. I bought a couple of his prints, but that was it. My birthday is coming up now, and for my present, the wife call that artist, and had a special piece commisioned for me:cool:

Heres a pic of it:

Stranger.jpg

Its now framed and hanging in study.
Coolest.Present.Evar.

I'd hate to commission something, because then you'd feel like you'd have to take it regardless of how it looks or turns out. That and I'm not a huge fan of art though I do own a few peices of Mark Rothko artwork, they really tie the room together.

All the same, that's a cool present. Congrats on your birthday too, old fart. :p

That artist kicks ass. I love his style. And watercolor compliments it very well. That having been said, I woulda got you a purse, fgt.

that rocks!!! i knew your wife seemed cool, but this just confirms it. way to go!!!

when was your b-day, btw??? happy belated!!! what are you, 40?? ;)

What's his name and location? There is actually tons of awesome artist here but have a hard time keep up with them. Sometimes my wife and I will hit the students yard sells and you would be suprised by the awesome art they will sell for a few dollars.

It's like when kids paint a picture for their dad as a present only as an adult you pay someone else to do it.

My birthdays not untill the 23rd, actually. It just worked out that I got the present early. Ill be 36 this year.
The artists name is David Gildersleeve. I forget where the studio is exactly, is in the one of those buildings that have all the different studios in them, hes on the second floor.

Drool-Boy said:
My birthdays not untill the 23rd, actually. It just worked out that I got the present early. Ill be 36 this year.
The artists name is David Gildersleeve. I forget where the studio is exactly, is in the one of those buildings that have all the different studios in them, hes on the second floor.

That narrowed it down.

Drool-Boy said:
Gildersleeve? wtf