FYI music makes everything better

Ripping a record to cd is kinda pointless, isnt it?
The whole idea of a record is to listen to it
If I wanna hear digitized music I have youtube & pandora and a billion other streaming services

Agreed oh great dispenser. But what about stuff they haven't put out on CD? Or you are away from streaming services - like out in the middle of a big lake with no bars, but you have your trusty CD boombox along? OR there is a zombie apocalypse :oops:

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
You know, I inherited this album "Solar Wind" from my sister around 1978 when she left for college. Ramsey Lewis was blacklisted by the industry and it took over 35 years for the album to be released on CD(not sure the ones I see online aren't bootlegs someone is making in their basement). I ripped a copy probably 12-15 years ago. I dig the smooth vibe. Song was originally a hit for Seals and Croft.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Strings
You know, I inherited this album "Solar Wind" from my sister around 1978 when she left for college. Ramsey Lewis was blacklisted by the industry and it took over 35 years for the album to be released on CD(not sure the ones I see online aren't bootlegs someone is making in their basement). I ripped a copy probably 12-15 years ago. I dig the smooth vibe. Song was originally a hit for Seals and Croft.

His band up and quit one day. He turns to them and says "you guys are stupid and crazy for going off on your own!".
A year later their first Earth Wind and Fire album was released.

His band up and quit one day. He turns to them and says "you guys are stupid and crazy for going off on your own!".
A year later their first Earth Wind and Fire album was released.
This is highly incorrect - only Morice White became part of EWF. None of the players on his Solar Wind album ever played with EWF. Ramsey's put out 80 albums in 83 years - it all becomes a blur.
I often/usually don't like his sound due to the RHodes and other keys he would choose. But Solar Wind(album) is almost all covers and has a great vibe imo. I credit bassist Cleveland Eaton for some of that. And Steve Cropper on guitar. The only white boy in the bunch.:p:D
I always liked this one too - none of Ramsey clinking on the Rhodes or some shit. 7+ minutes of just smooth groove.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi