NSFW Mr Asa has SPAM coming out of his wee hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that, in naming my dogs Smokey and Chewie, I'm kinda obligated to name the next one "Stogie" or "Vapey".

Sometimes consistency in naming has unintended consequences.

Whatever you buy, make sure it doesn't need a new roof, or any kind of roof work. Or a new heating system for that matter.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Pay special attention to this @august

Foundation, roofs, heating/cooling, are huge money. That and major or long term water damage, such as a slow drip that went unnoticed for a long time and has now rotted framing/subfloor behind/under a bathtub, etc.

Other more cosmetic/inconvenience type problems can be taken care of a little at a time, not such a huge outlay of $$ all at once.

Good windows are also expensive.

Foundation, roofs, heating/cooling, are huge money. That and major or long term water damage, such as a slow drip that went unnoticed for a long time and has now rotted framing/subfloor behind/under a bathtub, etc.

Other more cosmetic/inconvenience type problems can be taken care of a little at a time, not such a huge outlay of $$ all at once.

Most houses can be kept from falling down with enough duct tape, used particle board and 3 penny nails.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
What's the 3 month window? Do you physically have to be living in somewhere in 3 months or in the process?
my lease is up at the end of may, so I have a little leeway there, but my preapproval is good for 4 months, and it can take like a month to settle on a price and close and all, so if I don't have it done in that timeframe, I have to get re-preapproved which means another hit on my credit because of another hard inquiry so I will end up with a higher interest rate

my lease is up at the end of may, so I have a little leeway there, but my preapproval is good for 4 months, and it can take like a month to settle on a price and close and all, so if I don't have it done in that timeframe, I have to get re-preapproved which means another hit on my credit because of another hard inquiry so I will end up with a higher interest rate

Closing in 30 days is next to unheard of. It's usually 60-90 days if not longer depending on the situation. I just completed a refi 3 weeks ago and that took almost 90 days. Also don't forget about earnest money. Most people forgot about that.

We closed in about 45, and that was exceptionally quick.
Yeah that's super quick. After the housing bubble they have all these new stupid rules from Fannie and Freddie for everything that causes stupid delays in underwriting. Plus I don't know about where she lives but we like a lot of states have a shortage of appraisers and inspectors which is cause some delays as well.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum

I love rotted subfloors. When the toilet's only supported by the flange, it's like shitting on the high seas.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and HipHugHer
Yeah that's super quick. After the housing bubble they have all these new stupid rules from Fannie and Freddie for everything that causes stupid delays in underwriting. Plus I don't know about where she lives but we like a lot of states have a shortage of appraisers and inspectors which is cause some delays as well.
We took a long time because I'm a pedantic asshole.

"No, you may not have the part of my bank statement that details my IRA, because that's not an asset you fuckers can touch in bankruptcy, so get fucked".

And for the earnest money @august I would just ask your realtor what the usual is for your area. It's usually a certain percentage of the purchase price. Or a couple thousand dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.