Movie Revies by fly

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,380
Steam
mattressfish
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: This movie is brilliantly done. Tim Burton has truly outdone himself. The filming and color work in this movie are simply amazing. The story is, of course, as wonderful as ever. Johnny Depp pulls off Willie Wonka wonderfully. Depp perfectly captures both Wonka's dark side and his quirky/weird side. Charlie Bucket does a good job as well. As many have said, the Oompa Loompas leave a little to be desired, but get their point across. Thankfully, all of the singing is gone from this remake. If you have one near you, I recommend seeing it in an IMAX theatre, as the colors and sound are breathtaking.

Wedding Crashers: One of the funniest movies I've seen this summer. I really didn't think I was going to like this movie and was pleasantly surprised. I do love Owen Wilson's acting style. His weak, whiny persona that makes him funny shined through on this flick brilliantly. Vince Vaughn is also a hilarious guy and this movie was no exception. I appreciated the nudity at the beginning, it really brought me into the movie. Shortly after that, the laughs started and didn't stop until the credits. This probably will be the funniest movie of the summer

Go see both of these movies. Do not rob yourself and download them. It would ruin Willy Wonka, as you'll miss out on what a good Tim Burton movie is: sound and color. Wedding Crashers also deserves a ticket pruchase, as the entertainment is well worth it.

Thanks for tuning in. This is fly, signing off...

Fly, your review on Charile doesn't quite live up to the expectations I had for the movie. I don't think I'm going to go see it anymore.

Honestly tho, is there anyone (who matters) that hasn't seen it, or isn't planning on seeing it?!

Pandora said:
Fly, your review on Charile doesn't quite live up to the expectations I had for the movie. I don't think I'm going to go see it anymore.

Honestly tho, is there anyone (who matters) that hasn't seen it, or isn't planning on seeing it?!

I haven't seen it yet, do I matter? I do plan on seeing it though.

Oompa Loompas - Was weirded out that they only used the one guy and CGI'd him for the rest. What about all of the other little people in Hollywood? Didn't they need the work? And what about this one Oompa Loompa guy, how much did he get paid for his work? If you ask me he may have sold himself, and his little people brethren, (wait for it, wait for it) SHORT......

lemon_fresh said:
Oompa Loompas - Was weirded out that they only used the one guy and CGI'd him for the rest. What about all of the other little people in Hollywood? Didn't they need the work? And what about this one Oompa Loompa guy, how much did he get paid for his work? If you ask me he may have sold himself, and his little people brethren, (wait for it, wait for it) SHORT......
It's not CGI. :p

Pandora said:

:(

Saw both and I thought they were alright.

Charlie & the Chocolate factory was good but I didn't think it was some huge triumph over the original.

And Wedding Crashers was funny but not memorable funny. I can't remember a single funny line from the movie. I remember the red headed crazy chick was hot and the amount of nudity was enough to justify the cost of admission. :-D

I saw Devil's Rejects. Not scary, not even amusing. Lame campy characters and no real script or dialogue to speak of. Worst film ever. You will want to wear Rob Zombie's skin after having this one inflicted on you for two hours.