Ontopic Mission to Uranus

Is it really that hard for people to figure out they're depressed?
It's always been obvious to.me that I am.
I'm lucky enough to never really been depressed, so no idea. But maybe it is. If so, this is important. Either way, it's science related and interesting.

I probably had a brief stint of what would be diagnosed as depression in college. Quit going to class, didnt leave my room, slept all day. It wasnt fun, but at the time i didnt think it was any type of medical issue, although in retrospect, it probably was.

Diagnosing depression can help a lot of people.
Are you somehow under the assumption that I disagree with that?

All I'm saying is that diagnosis was never really an issue. The real issue is how to help people with depression. That's why I'm not all "wow!" at this discovery.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Diagnosis is one thing. Curing is entirely different.
I'm plenty depressed. Currently there's no cure, they hand you a bunch of pills and ask which one works.

are you depressed or do you have depression? those are not the same thing.

if you have depression then you may have a serious chemical imbalance causing it in which case how the fuck else do you expect them to solve that if not with medicine?

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Did you not read the info in the link? Docs miss the mark 50% of the time. That was actually the experiment's control group.

Soooo..... What?
I don't think that reflects the real world of doctors diagnosing patients. Most of the time people don't even need a doctor to diagnose them. Either way, I don't see much of an importance in diagnosis, but rather the treatment of.

Most of the time people don't even need a doctor to diagnose them.

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Ledboots