Mike Vick gets 23 Months

July 17, 2007: Vick, Peace, Phillips and Taylor are charged by a federal grand jury in Richmond, Va., with conspiring to engage in competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines.

Aug. 17, 2007: Peace and Phillips, the remaining two co-defendants, plead guilty and implicate Vick in bankrolling gambling on dogfights. One said the quarterback helped drown or hang dogs that didn't do well.

Aug. 20, 2007: Vick's lawyer says the NFL star discussed the matter with his family and decided to plead guilty. A plea hearing is set for Aug. 27.

Aug. 23, 2007: Vick signs plea agreement and statement of facts admitting to conspiracy in a dogfighting ring and helping kill pit bulls. He denied betting on the fights, only bankrolling them.

Aug. 27, 2007: Vick pleads guilty to dogfighting conspiracy, U.S. District Judge Henry Hudson accepts plea, warns he will not be bound by sentencing guidelines or prosecutors' recommendations.

He still has VA state charges to deal with and possible further punishment by the NFL for the dog fighting and betting and failing a drug test.

Bullshit. Any normal person would be getting raped by now and in there for at least 5 years.

I don't think so ... 23 months sounds like a statement conviction about harsh punishment to athletes who break the law to me. Especially since it's federal, so even if he acts like an angel in prison he'll actually serve 20 or 21. We let people who commit crimes like rape out in 5 years, DUI manslaughter in like 2 or 3 ... what he did to the dogs is wrong, but humans > dogs.

I don't think so ... 23 months sounds like a statement conviction about harsh punishment to athletes who break the law to me. Especially since it's federal, so even if he acts like an angel in prison he'll actually serve 20 or 21. We let people who commit crimes like rape out in 5 years, DUI manslaughter in like 2 or 3 ... what he did to the dogs is wrong, but humans > dogs.

Its not about humans > dogs, he did horribly negative acts that only a monster would commit doesn't matter what form of life he did it towards its still shitty.

Its not about humans > dogs, he did horribly negative acts that only a monster would commit doesn't matter what form of life he did it towards its still shitty.

Umm, what isn't about humans vs dogs? If we're still talking about appropriate lengths of prison sentences, then I disagree strongly, yes it is about humans > dogs. Someone who killed 6-8 people would deserve (and get, most likely) a much longer jail term.

I hope you don't really mean to put everyone who is cold enough to cruelly kill dogs and cold enough to similarly kill humans into the same category.

Umm, what isn't about humans vs dogs? If we're still talking about appropriate lengths of prison sentences, then I disagree strongly, yes it is about humans > dogs. Someone who killed 6-8 people would deserve (and get, most likely) a much longer jail term.

I hope you don't really mean to put everyone who is cold enough to cruelly kill dogs and cold enough to similarly kill humans into the same category.

People who kill 8 humans will definitely get longer sentences than people who kill 8 dogs there is no question there. The fact that he tortured dogs makes him a monster and therefore he should be doing time.

espn reporting that he could get out as early as spring 09 with good behavior.

and be ready for the 09-10 season.

espn reporting that he could get out as early as spring 09 with good behavior.

and be ready for the 09-10 season.

any team that signs him after this should be boycotted

hell, NFL as a whole should be boycotted if they allow him to play

college ball is better, anyways

You can take the [ADMIN EDIT] out of the [ADMIN EDIT], but you can't take the [ADMIN EDIT] out of the [ADMIN EDIT]

was meant to be in THIS thread. multitasking loool

any team that signs him after this should be boycotted

hell, NFL as a whole should be boycotted if they allow him to play

college ball is better, anyways

You forget what short memories we have. He'll come out, apologize, say he understand what he did was wrong, and start a new career and win a super bowl.