Lets discuss ontopic and the use of the ban

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
I figured I would make this thread since we are discussing this topic in 4 other threads. Post you thoughts on these topics.

Man that title makes my head hurt so much I can't get out my thoughts on ontopic threads.

I think OnTopic threads are a good idea, in theory. However, I wonder if it might work just as well if perhaps in the opening thread post you specifically ask that the members try as hard as possible to keep it on topic? I think a month's trial of this might be a good idea to see if we can restrain ourselves to do this of our own volition.

When there are on-topic threads you'll have people upset about posts being deleted and the mods have a ton of extra work keeping the on-topics clean.

When you don't have on-topic threads available, you'll have people upset that their threads are getting derailed.

There is no way to make everyone happy.

And as fot banning, I agree with Droolmeister. You have to be a real douche to get banned round these parts, and I for one don't particularly want to spend my time reading posts by complete a-holes while I'm at work trying to cheer myself up by posting here with you lovely people. :)

I will say the ban is not what is used to be. I hated the time during the "UF Inquisition" when everyone was getting banned for everything.

Was there a time where people got banned all the time? Tell me more about this mythical time. I suppose this was the 3 years I was too busy being sick and drink.

It was pre the glorious UF Revolution. It led to the famous UF license party when a few admins dressed as Indians and dumped their server license into cyberspace.

I don't understand what the debate here is really about. We don't get a HUGE amount of On Topic threads. There's nothing saying you have to post in them. Are people really getting offended over their posts getting deleted? Are people upset because they feel they can't say what they want or discuss what they want? I guess I'm just missing it.

I think we get more Tampa threads than On Topic threads and the Tampa threads are pretty exclusionary to those of us that aren't Tampons. I'm not to complaining about it. I see the point and it doesn't bother me. I just don't read those threads usually. If the On Topic threads don't interest you, why read them?

This forum is never gonna be perfect for everyone all the time, just like real life. I guess I'm just missing the problems here.

I don't understand what the debate here is really about. We don't get a HUGE amount of On Topic threads. There's nothing saying you have to post in them. Are people really getting offended over their posts getting deleted? Are people upset because they feel they can't say what they want or discuss what they want? I guess I'm just missing it.

I think we get more Tampa threads than On Topic threads and the Tampa threads are pretty exclusionary to those of us that aren't Tampons. I'm not to complaining about it. I see the point and it doesn't bother me. I just don't read those threads usually. If the On Topic threads don't interest you, why read them?

This forum is never gonna be perfect for everyone all the time, just like real life. I guess I'm just missing the problems here.

I think there needs to be a Georgia, TX, and Canada icon for threads.