Left 4 Dead

Some guy made a mod which makes this game nuckin futs. I can't wait to try it.

http://206.123.95.82/index.php?opti...kus-survival-mod-for-left-4-dead&catid=2:news

1. New weapon sounds (Most made by Doku but with others grabbed from various soundpacks).

2. New weapon scripts - Adjusted accuracy, recoil, rate of fire, clip sizes etc.

3. Weapon melee less effective.

4. No survivor bots.

5. Slower survivors and zombies - to change the pace of the game and make it feel more tense.

6. Higher density of zombies on the maps, more frequent hordes/ambushes.

7. No special zombies (apart from tweaked tanks for the finales).

8. Headshots only to kill zombies (apart from molotovs / pipebombs etc).

9. Increased damage when hit from behind - you must always be aware of you surroundings, don't turn you back on that unchecked room

10. No in-game music - You have to indentify incoming hordes by the sounds of the zombies.

11. All maps tweaked (apart from part 4 of the blood harvest campaign)

12. Removed weapon,ammo & health pack spawns from safe rooms. Weapons and health packs are now limited and scattered around the maps, so you have to search for them. There are no ammo points in the map so if your primary gun runs out you'll need to find another. However everyone still has infinate pistol (although with smaller clip and less accuracy).

13. HUD completely revised - It now only shows your own health, no crosshair/inventory or teammate statistics (If you equip first aid then you can see your teammates health when you aim at them).

14. Added in-game laser dot - Useful for close to medium range. This emphasises the sniper rifle as a profficient long range weapon as its the only gun with an effective long range aiming mechanism.

15. Removed flashlight - This adds much more tension to darker areas of the map, especially when you need to search for weapons or first aid... Be careful in the dark...

16. Various other smaller tweaks.......

I played campaign mode for about 6 hours yesterday online with various groups. Expert difficulty is tits. We couldn't complete a single fucking campaign. :lol: On one map we got caught be a horde coming from behind right outside the safe room. We wiped in the hallway about 10 feet from the door. It was amazing.

Imagine having no flashlight in the subway, sewer, or street tunnel levels. Only the strobe of your muzzle flash to light shit up in many places. That's crazy.

Last edited:
I went up this ladder from a sewer when I was playing and it was completely surrounded by zombies, a huge horde circled around the manhole. I didnt even get all the way up the ladder before I was dead :fly:

That part is tricky, especially if everyone is almost dead. Chuck a pipebomb up the hole and then charge. The good news is that the safe house is about 50 feet from the top of the ladder.

That part is tricky, especially if everyone is almost dead. Chuck a pipebomb up the hole and then charge. The good news is that the safe house is about 50 feet from the top of the ladder.

yeah, that is what I ended up doing but the second time I guess there was only like 2 zombies up there, lol

I couldn't get that huge mod to work last night, so I tried the "mini" version of it at the same link I posted. It was alright. I love that there aren't any of those dumb special infected, just tons of zombies. It was also cool to fire multiple shotgun blasts into a zombie and still not be able to kill it. You really have to focus on headshots, and that makes waves of infected pretty intimidating.

Other than that, meh. He made them run more slowly, which while obviously necessary makes them comical since they retain their sprinting animations. The visual effect is reminiscent of video games 20 years ago, and breaks immersion.