Pics Le belgique, le holland, la baguette wee wee

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,432
A couple dozen pictures from my trip away. Unfortunately with only 12 hours notice to go away I accidentally forgot my phone charger (and make up bag :mad: ) so it died half way through. Might have been a good thing as when it died the punk festival began so all the pictures would be fairly depraved (old squatted school + 200 dirty punks) so here is my wholesome half of the holiday.

We slept in my friends van most of the time, we woke up here near Dunkerque (Belgium) on the morrow:

1.jpg

This is what a fridge in a Belgium petrol station stocks (beer and 'marijuana ice tea'):

2.jpg

We drove up to the Netherlands (Holland) to a region called Zeelande. Here are some pictures from a seaside town called Middelburg:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Because Holland has so many canals they have these moving roads/bridges, took forever for them to move around:

8.jpg

9.jpg

Whilst the camera on my phone seems to be pretty badass in daylight the flash at night time is shite so here is an awful picture of a British WW2 tank which is on the shoreline of (iirc) Whittleburg or something like that. I read a plaque which said the allied British soliders came over with amphibious tanks etc. to save the city which was under siege (hence the German bunkers) and they keep the tank and memorial as a thank you.

20.jpg

We decided to bed down on the shoreline:

5521.jpg

We went for cheap tobacco and they had free help yourself wine in the supermarche with miniature wine glasses (score!):

22.jpg

I have no idea what this says exactly but it seemed amusing:

24.jpg

After 3 days of journeying we arrived in Leuven (Belgium, near Brusells) for the punk festival. It's quite a picturesque city centre:

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

29.jpg

Apparently my Trappist beer is being held hostage against my promise to replace the head gasket on her car. Lucky I have a bottle of Jura to see me through the week.