Knyte might have to carry his games home in brown paper bags

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
Marklar
₥797
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=11949

Sigh.... yet another round of self-rightous blowhards trying to protect children from the evils of video games. Only this time the dumb bastards are lawmakers. It never fucking ends.... comic books, movies, tv, music, video games. These morons are so anxious to blame the ills of society on anything and everything BUT society. Oh, little Johnny drank a pint of turpentine and threw bricks at cars from a highway overpass? Must've been that dang Turpentine Rampage 3 game he played. After all everybody knows that there weren't any violent, badly adjusted people before video games and comic books and movies.

that sucks, but there will be some good to come out of it - children play too many video games these days anyway, it's making them all fucking retarded

"Video games don't affect us, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

I guess my real point here is that all these "moral crusader" types are suggesting that the content of media causes people to commit similar, violent acts. I say that's total crap. If a person is so badly unhinged that playing a video game "causes" them to shoot up a school it really isn't the fault of the content which allegedly triggered the reaction. This same nutbag could be locked in a sterile room with a bible and a plate full of mayo-on-white-with-the-crusts-cut-off sandwiches and still, eventually find something that tweaks them. Hell, if some crazy bastard swears blind that his dog told him that the blood of his victims cleanes the earth before he turned his neighbors into hamburger I seriously doubt there would be legislation to keep dogs away from kids in order to reduce violence.

itburnswhenipee said:
I guess my real point here is that all these "moral crusader" types are suggesting that the content of media causes people to commit similar, violent acts. I say that's total crap. If a person is so badly unhinged that playing a video game "causes" them to shoot up a school it really isn't the fault of the content which allegedly triggered the reaction. This same nutbag could be locked in a sterile room with a bible and a plate full of mayo-on-white-with-the-crusts-cut-off sandwiches and still, eventually find something that tweaks them. Hell, if some crazy bastard swears blind that his dog told him that the blood of his victims cleanes the earth before he turned his neighbors into hamburger I seriously doubt there would be legislation to keep dogs away from kids in order to reduce violence.
Exactly. Wasn't the Son of Sam killing people cause of his neighbor's dog?

b_sinning said:
"Video games don't affect us, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids we'd all be running around darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

So what if I do.

Coqui said:
You only have to worry if you see 4 ghosts

I'd worry more if I looked in the mirror and found out I was a perfect, yellow circle with red gloves and shoes. :)

What's particularly funny about this is that no one is saying a word about violent films, just violent video games. :rolleyes:

KNYTE said:
What's particularly funny about this is that no one is saying a word about violent films, just violent video games. :rolleyes:

Blaming sociopathic behavior on voilent films is soooo 1988. In the 90's it was music (fuck you, Tipper Gore) and now videogames (fuck you Joe Leiberman). Stupid circular patterns in history.

KNYTE said:
Cause violence in movies is OK. So long as their isnt any frontal nudity.