FYI Kitche.Net - My latest project

don't get me wrong, i fully understand using the laptop because i also have a half a dozen dell's sitting around collecting dust...

but wouldn't it have been easier/better to just glue this thing to the wall? touch screen, wifi, tiny power cable to route somewhere... everything you need:
attachment.php

i guess what i'm looking for is from a performance standpoint, does the dell beat out the xoom for looking at recipes and browsing in the kitchen?

Maybe if we had 10 Xoom's just sitting around collecting dust we would have used that.

Otherwise, it would be a stupid waste of $$.

Where are you running the power cable at? I dont see it anywhere.
I was considering doing this same project at one time, but I was going to do a touch screen.
Then I figured that once I got it all up and running and being awesome, the wife would completely ignore it.

Its there. Its run along the side and then plugged it in behind the fridge. I can't recommend not using a touchscreen with Win7 enough. It is beyond terrible.

don't get me wrong, i fully understand using the laptop because i also have a half a dozen dell's sitting around collecting dust...

but wouldn't it have been easier/better to just glue this thing to the wall? touch screen, wifi, tiny power cable to route somewhere... everything you need:
attachment.php

i guess what i'm looking for is from a performance standpoint, does the dell beat out the xoom for looking at recipes and browsing in the kitchen?

Glue it to the wall? wtf, no.

And the Xoom is my work's.

i think my flash is messed up is the problem. i've never really spent time working on it though because i never really use flash on the phone.

this problem was caused by the person having 72k messages in their inbox. apparently the mail client can't handle more than 60k messages. :lol:

I spent most of my day deleting 2500 useless emails from my own box (I get so many, I rarely have time to do cleanup and I was lazy when I first started)

:wtf:

this is what personal folders are for. do you guys not have a limit on your inbox size? ours is set to like 100mb which blows when you're constantly receiving pdfs and cad files. :(

we have a 350mb limit before first warning but this particular person has a limit of 4gb iirc