Hawt Keyboards, Controllers, Consoles, and Digital Death (NEW GAMING THREADZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC gaming is losing its fan base, and quickly. The hardcore PC gamer crowd that grew up in the 90s/2000s all have careers, kids, and lives to manage and nothing about PC gaming is conducive to that lifestyle. PC gaming is anti-social, independent, isolated, and time-consuming (usually to an office or private space) whereas console games, particularly the upcoming generation of systems, are much more social, usually in the center of entertainment of the house, and takes much less time to manage.

And mark my words: The next World of Warcraft "phenomenon" won't be on a PC.

next phenomenon already happened on pc. its called league of legends

That's not a troll at all. Blizzard, one of the most ardent PC developers in history, is now developing their incredibly complex PC games for consoles. That really doesn't tell you something?
Their games aren't complex, that's the entire thing. They are good at taking other peoples ideas and making them profitable. Everquest was insanely hard, when Blizzard made WoW they watered it down, made 'failing' something that didn't require deleting your account over, you could actually do things by yourself or with other people. There is essentially one hard mode in the game that less than 7,000 players worldwide participate in. The rest is no fail grinding/fed ex type content.

Diablo 3 was a terrible failure because of how easy it is. You can beat it in one sitting. The reward for beating it? You can play through again at a higher difficultly level but it's all the same content. Lack of control on their RMAH, which was supposed to be a defining feature, has made it a joke. etc

This is why you are being laughed at.

It's popular, not really special though.

If EVE actually manages to pull off a successful space MMO/FPS shooter dual game hybrid. That would something "new"

WoW isnt special either. Most popular things arent. Theyre popular.

EVE is an amazing game, it really is. Maybe the most interestingly designed computer game I have ever played. The problem is that it's also amazingly boring. Turns out that no matter how beautiful space is, it's still just a big, empty, silent void 99% of the time.

EVE is an amazing game, it really is. Maybe the most interestingly designed computer game I have ever played. The problem is that it's also amazingly boring. Turns out that no matter how beautiful space is, it's still just a big, empty, silent void 99% of the time.

Or a clusterfuck of pirates who kill you on site.

this

Or a clusterfuck of pirates who kill you on site.

and this

Save it. They don't take kindly to indie games 'round these parts.

Be sure to get Dwarf Therapist, though, otherwise managing labor becomes an impossible chore. If you like DF, you might also want to check out Prison Architect which is currently under development and made very much in the vein of Dwarf Fortress/ Dungeon Master/ Evil Genius.

Also, if you have even the slightest interest in rockets, spaceflight, and orbital navigation, I highly recommend you check out the Kerbal Space Program.

Save it. They don't take kindly to indie games 'round these parts.

Be sure to get Dwarf Therapist, though, otherwise managing labor becomes an impossible chore. If you like DF, you might also want to check out Prison Architect which is currently under development and made very much in the vein of Dwarf Fortress/ Dungeon Master/ Evil Genius.

Also, if you have even the slightest interest in rockets, spaceflight, and orbital navigation, I highly recommend you check out the Kerbal Space Program.
PHILISTINES

Ill check out kerbal though. Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.