Ontopic It starts with parental influence

Puff Dabby

MacG's future wife
May 21, 2015
Marklar
₥2,174
Lettuce discuss chirren

@fly can a thread be set up for only members to see.

cute pics of kids, proud moments, queshons when you dunno, all dat

Feel bad putting it all in the lady thread since not all of them are mothers and the guys might want to talk too

anyways..was feeling all mushy because kiddo graduated preschool and Im sitting here helping him write his full name and thinking gosh I just love this kid so much...like more than I ever knew I was capable of loving anyone.

what grade is everyone's babes going into?

I have a 6th grader, 3rd grader and 2nd grader but may possibly end up with two third graders by the end of the month. They are all short though (it's their dads fault) and people think they are at least a year younger than they really are.

Jax preschool was technically just his daycare five year olds class but their curriculum got them ready for k-5 so they had a little ceremony giving them certificates and letting them announce where they were going to elementary at. It was just so darn cute.

Hopefully he'll go to a school where they teach him not to end a sentence with a preposition. So what happens between now and the beginning of the school year for daycare? Do you also live in a place where school starts at the beginning of August?

We have one entering 2nd grade. Unlike others here, he is huge for his age. People often think he is a year or two older and he's smart like his grandfather and uncle too. I've been asked why I don't test him to skip a year but we don't believe in doing that. I'd rather him stay with kids his age especially with how common holding kids back a year has become. He already has kids older than him in clase and he has a 'late birthday' as it is.

No preschool or K 'graduations' here to share either. Though if you want to see my kiddo you need to pass being my friend on facebook. I don't trust many of you crazies at all anymore :p

We have one entering 2nd grade. Unlike others here, he is huge for his age. People often think he is a year or two older and he's smart like his grandfather and uncle too. I've been asked why I don't test him to skip a year but we don't believe in doing that. I'd rather him stay with kids his age especially with how common holding kids back a year has become. He already has kids older than him in clase and he has a 'late birthday' as it is.

No preschool or K 'graduations' here to share either. Though if you want to see my kiddo you need to pass being my friend on facebook. I don't trust many of you crazies at all anymore :p
I imagine if your second grader and my second grader stood next to each other Ian would come to his chest.

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear
Hopefully he'll go to a school where they teach him not to end a sentence with a preposition. So what happens between now and the beginning of the school year for daycare? Do you also live in a place where school starts at the beginning of August?
He has this week and he will still be in the five year olds class but some of the other kids are starting this week. He starts next Tuesday. I'm not ready. He's just a baby.

At at at at at at.

I imagine if your second grader and my second grader stood next to each other Ian would come to his chest.
Lol. Helena is going into third and she's a bean pole but she's tall. I told know where she got it. I'm barely above midget height. But people generally think she is 2-3 years older than she is. She's smart as heck too. Her dad's side is full of Mensa members.

Jax preschool was technically just his daycare five year olds class but their curriculum got them ready for k-5 so they had a little ceremony giving them certificates and letting them announce where they were going to elementary at. It was just so darn cute.

Lol oooops I posted this but forgot my reply lol

The graduation is so adorable.
It makes them feel like they accomplished something.

Last edited:
LOL. We have friends who are tiny all around (both side of family are Filipino just as a size reference) and their son was born about 12-15 hours before ours. I think our son is like a head taller than theirs now. We just pulled out the size 10 jeans since his 8s are too short. Good thing they are adjustable waist or they'd fall down to the middle of his butt.

He's not a beanpole either so he doesn't look like a lanky kid. He's just big proportionally all around. So not fair.

Lol oooops I posted this but forgot my reply lol

The graduation is so adorable.
It makes them feel like they accomplished something.
He was so proud of himself
1aXVkON.jpg