Investment questions

I am sorry that you don't like them but they are one of the best no-load mutual companies.

they are based out of my home town - I know a bunch of guys that work for their corporate headquarters - their customer service sucks mainly because they treat their employees like shit. Now while I'm sure they're great at no-load mutual funds who the hell isn't?

I have never had any problems with their customer service.

That's good - that means they work well for you. All I'm saying is they didn't work well for me, but I had to deal with their headquarters - maybe a little branch office of theirs is better

I like the concept of investing or depositing my money someplace, forgetting about it for 20 years, then having it come back with 10% interest so it's quite a lot.

also, I would like to determine how ot save up fo ra shouse and car when that time comes.

Depending on your age, look into something like the Fidelity Freedom 2050 Fund. It basically manages the fund for you, with a goal of retiring in 2050. That means, most of the fund is in stocks right now, but as time goes on, the fund becomes more conservative. Its quick, easy, and mindless.

I would also like some pointers on how others were able to get into a house, besides my main concern of my horrible credit

My first house was one that had been foreclosed on by the VA, had to bid on it but got it cheap with 1% down.

And unlike HUD homes, the VA actually goes in and paints/repairs/cleans the place so it's not a craphole with rotting food in the fridge, garbage all over the floor, etc.

My first house was one that had been foreclosed on by the VA, had to bid on it but got it cheap with 1% down.

And unlike HUD homes, the VA actually goes in and paints/repairs/cleans the place so it's not a craphole with rotting food in the fridge, garbage all over the floor, etc.

Did you have to get a mortgage, or did they just allow you to take over the defaulted one? I hear the VA loans are quite nice to take over.

I should look for houses under foreclosure. I am sure there are plenty in this hell hole called Cleveland.

Ours were going up cause REIs bought up a shit ton of the apartments to sell as condos. Now 80% of them are sitting vacant, and they are leasing them again for cheaper than the people's mortgage payment. OUCH

the drunk single mom that rented next door to me on the left just ditched her place for a new man - they are asking $1800 a month to rent the place now - that's hundreds of dollars more than my mortgage and I only bought my place back in December :wtf:

edit: I bet it stays empty for half a year

I have so many financial problems right now along with credit problems which is in direct relation. I cant seem to get my head above the water no matter how hard I try. My credit is horrible or otherwise I would just go grab a credit card to pay of my horrible amount of past due bills. Which I know would be horrible but at least I could pull some shit out of collections. My paychecks seem to be gone 2 weeks before I get them. I normally dont bitch about this kinda stuff but I needed to vent, lol