WTF In a sick twist of fate...

@Maureen will this be your new ride?

NA5UhL3.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
... you must have been severely underpaid before.

Either that, or the rumor is going around the industry that you sleep with the management.
that can happen (the former) is f you've been somewhere for a while- raises don't always keep up with current avg salaries, plus she has extra experience to negotiate with

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
that can happen (the former) is f you've been somewhere for a while- raises don't always keep up with current avg salaries, plus she has extra experience to negotiate with
sigh.

that was a joke serious mcserserion.

the bitch of it isn't that's it's not enforceable, it's that you have to pay an atty to represent you in court against another guy and convince the judge it's not enforceable.

/beentheredonethat$25kUS1997
nope its not like that here
an ex employer cant stop an ex employee from seeking employment anywhere else even the competition
NOW... if the employer wants to give the ex-employee a nice hefty pay off to NOT work for the competition thats up to them, here its no longer enforceable. it used to be

... you must have been severely underpaid before.

Either that, or the rumor is going around the industry that you sleep with the management.
i wasn't "severely" under paid but there were problems with them issuing me my commissions and they didnt honour anything that they had promised in a specific timeline.

im a super dedicated and hard worker. i don't need to try to convince you or anyone here of that.
its well known in my company and industry and another company wanted to snatch me up and offer me what i deserved.

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog and Ledboots
So in the negotiations for the new job, could you state that you'd like to start in a month and take that month for some you time? Just say you're working on a project and you'd like to see it through. You don't need to tell them that the project is yourself.
i would like this very very much :(

i have also canceled my trip to europe with CEO.. its not the right time and I'm absolutely not up to it at this time.
i could care less about it right now. europe isnt going anywhere and we can go any time.

NOW... if the employer wants to give the ex-employee a nice hefty pay off to NOT work for the competition thats up to them, here its no longer enforceable. it used to be

Here, in IL, you need to meet 7 stipulations (all of them) for it to be an enforceable non-compete. One is, if you 'need' to move 60+ miles away for the job, it's unenforceable. But also, in the job offer, if you 'accept' the salary as money or some other amount specifically designed to induce the employee/er not to work for the competition that's fine. the flip of that is taking a payoff at the end to induce you not work for the competition. I can't remember what the other 5 stips are.

BUT - from what you're saying, it seems like a job offer inducing you with a ' in addition, you agree to take this beautiful 2016 Toyota Camry to use while you work for us as inducement to not work for any of our competition for a period of two years. . . ' it may hold. Otherwise it sounds like money or not, the 'ex' employee can go work for the competition.