If youre rockin a 360 , the Dead Rising demo is out

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
69,173
37,502
1,323
53
Uranus
Marklar
₥41,306
Steam
heyfubuddy
From what Im reading, the save system in this game completly sucks ass.
You only get one save slot, and can save only at specific points.
Plus the whole game is timed, and Im hearing its really easy to save in a bad place and ruin the whole game, forcing you to start from scratch.
This makes me sad:( I may still give it a rent tho just to see.
 

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
15,608
67
0
42
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Drool-Boy said:
From what Im reading, the save system in this game completly sucks ass.
You only get one save slot, and can save only at specific points.
Plus the whole game is timed, and Im hearing its really easy to save in a bad place and ruin the whole game, forcing you to start from scratch.
This makes me sad:( I may still give it a rent tho just to see.

You stop being a pussy and you kill those zombies, you bastard.
 

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
15,608
67
0
42
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Drool-Boy said:
I aint paying sixty bucks for a game with a fucked up save system

Noob. You should buy every game that's ever released, regardless of whether or not it's "entertaining", or "makes sense", or is "finished when they release it".

This brings up a point though: Does everyone else think PC demos are a thing of the past because developers don't want to give people the option to try before they buy? Thus allowing them to predominantly hammer out cookie-cutter-crap games repeatedly.
 

Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
69,173
37,502
1,323
53
Uranus
Marklar
₥41,306
Steam
heyfubuddy
KNYTE said:
Noob. You should buy every game that's ever released, regardless of whether or not it's "entertaining", or "makes sense", or is "finished when they release it".

This brings up a point though: Does everyone else think PC demos are a thing of the past because developers don't want to give people the option to try before they buy? Thus allowing them to predominantly hammer out cookie-cutter-crap games repeatedly.


Ive always thought PC game demos were a good way to field beta test the software. A free chance to see who complains about what, see what works and what doesnt. Releasing a demo a good 3-6 months before the game hits shelves would be a good way to work out any bugs before release.

Or would that make too much sense?

Yeah fuckit, rush that shit out the doors and just release a patch 3 months later.
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157
KNYTE said:
CG Hentai?

nah, just wireframe models

nud.gif
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Drool-Boy said:
I aint paying sixty bucks for a game with a fucked up save system


Not to mention a time limit. Time limits are for pussies. Real video gamers turn out the lights, crank up the volume, and listen to the zombies shuffle and moan for hours.
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
KNYTE said:
Noob. You should buy every game that's ever released, regardless of whether or not it's "entertaining", or "makes sense", or is "finished when they release it".

This brings up a point though: Does everyone else think PC demos are a thing of the past because developers don't want to give people the option to try before they buy? Thus allowing them to predominantly hammer out cookie-cutter-crap games repeatedly.


You mean like the 6,212 FPSs that hit the market every year?
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
okay so I picked up Dead Rising for my buddy for his birthday - he brought over his 360 and we put in about a good 4 hours on it. I fricking love this game, and actually enjoy the added level of unpredictability the fuxxed up saving system brings. Here's how it works, you save by either using the bathroom or naping on a couch. If and when you die you have the option of loading where you last saved or saving just your level (with that comes unlocked moves and such) and starting over. Save points are few and far between and you can save right before some major shit goes down that you want to do over (the game is time sensative). Forcing you to start all over. Sounds hard right? Sounds kind of confusing right? Well it is. It reminds me of NES Ghost and Goblins' - you could bust your ass to beat that game just to find out you have to beat it again to save princess Prin-Prin. In short Dead Rising = great game.