I think my Dr might be on crack...

elpmis said:
for instance: Robitussin DM is just fine

I've been taking Robitussin DM the last few days. The medicine in question was something prescribed that has codine and a decongestiant. Dr call and said it should be fine, but then he decided to double check with the pharmisist. Dr called again and said it would be fine as long as I didn't use it for a prolonged time (like a month).

HifiGirly said:
I've been taking Robitussin DM the last few days. The medicine in question was something prescribed that has codine and a decongestiant. Dr call and said it should be fine, but then he decided to double check with the pharmisist. Dr called again and said it would be fine as long as I didn't use it for a prolonged time (like a month).
LOL

How about just toughing through it and not giving opiates to your unborn child?

fly said:
LOL

Wow. Serious advice from the baby eater.

I dislike that my wife has had to take some drugs through her pregnancies. But sometimes the other options are worse then the drugs themselves.

fly said:
LOL

Because toughing it cause another problem. I have a horrible cough. Each time I cough it puts alot of extra pressure on the baby, and more importantly on my cervix which can cause alot of problems including early labor. ;)

HifiGirly said:
Because toughing it cause another problem. I have a horrible cough. Each time I cough it puts alot of extra pressure on the baby, and more importantly on my cervix which can cause alot of problems including early labor. ;)

Throat losange or however the heck you spell it.

HifiGirly said:
I wonder how early humans managed...

fly said:
I wonder how early humans managed...

They didn't have cervixes I'm guessing. When the baby was ready it just sort of dropped out like a newborn horse.

My veterinarian is my doctor, cheaper that way. I don't think I've been to a real doctor in about 3 or 4 years.

BozuSugoi said:
My veterinarian is my doctor, cheaper that way. I don't think I've been to a real doctor in about 3 or 4 years.
I work for a vet, usually he will look at my throat if it hurts but he's on vacation in Mexico right now.

BozuSugoi said:
omfg you posted? :happydance:

i haven't been in for a checkup since i left my pediatrician when i was 18. been to the ER and student clinic a bunch of times though. it's always fun when the doctors think you have chronic bronchitis and a smoking problem when in fact you have walking pneumonia and don't smoke at all, all because you blow a 60 on a peak flow test. that and we got to be guinea pigs for all the new drugs on the market.

HifiGirly said:
taking acetaminophen with codeine during pregnancy in very small percentages can cause fetal addiction and may cause breathing problems in the newborn infant if taken during or just before delivery - which is not your case.

Last edited: